Art Briles to Mt. Vernon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myway View Post
    Pretty sure they both realized if they were to drunk to post they **** sure couldn’t drive.
    *too. You drinking?

Comment

at what point do bag men pay girls at rival schools to cry rape?

Comment

If it were Art Briles players who being attacked do you think he would have acted the same way? Do you think he would have been happy to let it go and keep quiet?

Yes, there was a much larger problem, and still is in my opinion, but I can in no way let Briles off.

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
          https://www.wacotrib.com/opinion/col...ign=user-share

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          You are hanging your hat on the Waco Tribune?

Comment

Art Briles is a win at all cost football coach. Is he a good football coach yes. Is he a good human being no, when nothing else matters except winning, and if that means looking the other way, playing dumb, sweeping thinks under the rug to protect the program he is your guy. He should retire and has no business coaching young men.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              You are hanging your hat on the Waco Tribune?
              Nope, I dont have a dog in the fight and hate Baylor anyway. I'm GLAD they got rid of him! I think he was/is a great coach and know several people that know him and they always say what a great guy he is... I just saw that article today (think it's from last year) and thought it was interesting...

Comment

Originally posted by coachk View Post
                Nope, I dont have a dog in the fight and hate Baylor anyway. I'm GLAD they got rid of him! I think he was/is a great coach and know several people that know him and they always say what a great guy he is... I just saw that article today (think it's from last year) and thought it was interesting...

'interesting' for sure, especially the Waco Tribune throwing several other outlets under the bus......

Comment

Over fifty (50) sexuall assault complaints and thirty (30) different accused football players under his watch at Baylor. He fostered and protected a cultur of sex abuse while at Baylor. No telling what happened in Stephenville...

Comment

doesnt really surprise me....he can coach and the powers to be just figured everyone would forget about what he did at Baylor..( or what he didn't do)....

Most people have very short memories

Comment

Yea, they announced his hire on a Friday, afternoon, before a Holliday.... they (mt. Vernon) know it's shameful to put football over our daughters and sisters. They did it anyways

Comment

I haven't read that much on the subject, but AB wasn't charged with crimes. Do you all really think all these coaches and players in high school, college, and NFL are a bunch of Tom Landry and FCA players??? Some are, but once you get past high school, the "win at most all cost" rises to the top and make it to college and NFL. Just google college and NFL players arrested.... It's a long list....

Heck even on Landry's Cowboys where a lot of druggies.. If you were to remove all the bad apples and less than good morals from sports it wouldn't look anything like what it is today. If kids are looking for role models, the parent needs look in the mirror for the kids first and most important one.

Not sure what happened at the Waco PD and DA level, but that seems to be where i would start. Somebody surely went to the police and reported a rape. Sounds like a whole lot of hot potato to me.

Comment

Art Briles is absolute dog crap. After the disgusting Baylor fiasco, if Art Briles or Baylor was playing against the Nazis I'm not sure who I'd cheer for.

Comment

At some point, everyone answers for their sins. If he's a guilty POS then he will answer to that, if not, then he's fine. Anything I think about it doesn't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                              I haven't read that much on the subject, but AB wasn't charged with crimes. Do you all really think all these coaches and players in high school, college, and NFL are a bunch of Tom Landry and FCA players??? Some are, but once you get past high school, the "win at most all cost" rises to the top and make it to college and NFL. Just google college and NFL players arrested.... It's a long list....

Heck even on Landry's Cowboys where a lot of druggies.. If you were to remove all the bad apples and less than good morals from sports it wouldn't look anything like what it is today. If kids are looking for role models, the parent needs look in the mirror for the kids first and most important one.

Not sure what happened at the Waco PD and DA level, but that seems to be where i would start. Somebody surely went to the police and reported a rape. Sounds like a whole lot of hot potato to me.
                              no, he wasn't charged but dont you stop assault if you can???

problem with ol Art is he wheres that christian thing on his sleeve, alot like Landry or how FCA attempts to, but unlike Landry, in the time of reckoning he chose football or baseball or soccer or every other thing in the world but the right thing. idk imo blah blah blah

Comment

Working...
                              X