Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Tramp Stamp Removal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s great news!
    Thanks for the update.

Comment

Prayers sent your way!

Comment

Way to go Steph! Great news

Comment

Great news

Glad you are all better

Comment

That all sounds like good news, wife got to wear the turtle shell brace and a bone stimulation device for about 4-6 months
            ( picture isn’t of my wife lol )
            Speedy recovery and keep that brace handy wife still uses it sometimes
            Attached Files

Comment

Back surgery used to be a crap shoot. 1/3 of the time the surgery was successful, 1/3 of the time there was no improvement, and 1/3 of the time it made the problem worse. Medical Technology and other procedure advancements have really increased the success rates. The importance of post-op physical therapy cannot be understated, either.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Best news I’ve seen all week! Atta girl Steph. You deserve a break that’s for sure. 👌👌

Comment

Originally posted by NannySlayer View Post
                  Haven’t followed up in a while. I’m not sure where I left off. So...

I went back to my FD shift 3 months post surgery in May 2019.

I reherniated my disc in October 2019.
                  I had the same surgery done in December 2019.

RascalArms posted a thread about it here:

During the surgery my S1 nerve root was severed and I had a cerebrospinal fluid leak that left me immobile. They patched me up. I was in the hospital for a minute and they went they went thru my abdomen and did a fusion on my spine.

Lots of recovery since then.
                  Wheelchair to learning to walk again with a walker to eventually doing it on my own.
                  (shout out to those several TBH members that helped tend to my house and yard during this time of need! 100% I’ll forever be in your debt.)

LOTS OF PHYSICAL TORTURE, I mean THERAPY.
                  Crazy how I went from not being able to sweep my house floors to doing squats on a Bosu Ball at therapy.

My doc released me to go to light duty at work 3 months after my 3rd surgery.
                  I have to wear the Mack daddy back brace but I’m doing it.

Anyways, it’s almost 5 months post surgery and the doc cleared me for a light jog. So we tried it at therapy yesterday.

So, I jogged yesterday for the first time since surgery while I was at PT! It wasn’t for long but we just wanted to make sure it didn’t create any symptoms!

And I’m happy to announce No PAIN!
                  No back pain. No leg pain. Almost good as gold again.

YAYYYYYYY!!

I followup with my neuro in 2 months to find out about when I can go back to shift. If you asked me if I was ready now, I’d honestly say no. I’m 2 years into my career and I have 18+ years to go. Don’t need to jack myself up again and ruin it all.

Thanks for all the support and love and I appreciate my TBH family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to know you have progressed well. I know EXACTLY how you feel. My wreck back in September left me with a shattered L3 along with other things. I had an L2-L4 fusion and had to go through the exact same stuff, wheelchair, learning to walk, etc. I still have significant stiffness after sitting down or laying down. It’s a good feeling to be able to return to “normal” after having to go through all that.

Comment

Thanks for the update report. Yep, follow the doctor's orders, and don't rush it. You have many years in front of you and a young 'un to take care of.

Now, about that tramp stamp...

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                      I'll add you to my prayer list.

I have a similar issue, only my disk isnt really herniated. Its Degenerative in nature. Both L4 and 5 are beyond 50% eroded and my neuro wanted to do full disk replacement on both with a artificial disk made of titanium bases that swivel on teflon cushions. I opted out because i am so young.
                      But i absolutely know the pain you are feeling. It has crippled me off and on for the last 10 years.

Hope all goes well with your surgery. If you don't mind me asking, who is going to do the surgery? Texas Brain and Spine in CS is who I am seeing. They seem like a great institution and have good reviews. It wont be long before I eventually have it.
                      Since the problem with your discs is degeneration, have you looked into
                      PRP or Stem Cell Therapy? I’ve done it twice but neither was for a back issue.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Since the problem with your discs is degeneration, have you looked into

PRP or Stem Cell Therapy? I’ve done it twice but neither was for a back issue.

I’m not familiar with either. Just bone growth therapy currently.

Comment

Prayers sent for you

Comment

Prayers up

Comment

be very careful with the brace. It will artificially give you support which will weaken your core and make things worse in the long run. Im no dr just my personal experience.

Comment

You are an incredible person to get through all this and so much other stuff you have posted about. To call you just resilient would sell you way short. I am glad you are progressing and healing well. Full steam ahead but be careful.
                                Continued prayers.

Comment

Working...
                                X