No announcement yet.

How bad is Oklahoma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People vacation in Kalifornia too, and it's a complete ****hole... Living in a vacation spot would be miserable.

Unless something is done about liberal *******s, this whole country is doomed...and Oklahoma aint that big.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
      I went to Northwestern also. It was awesome. They don’t call it Alvatraz for nothing.
      I was there at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dru View Post
        I was there at the same time.
        Pm sent.

Comment

Unless Oklahoma somehow figures out how to get Saltwater, its not the state for me. I'll stay in Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            People vacation in Kalifornia too, and it's a complete ****hole... Living in a vacation spot would be miserable.

Unless something is done about liberal *******s, this whole country is doomed...and Oklahoma aint that big.
            I despise the government, laws and 80% of the people of California but the state itself is pretty cool. Ever been to Catalina Island or Lake Tahoe?

The hill country is a vacation spot. Life here is greatness. What's miserable is living in a metropolis with 7.5 million people.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bunch of whiny cry babies ...

Oklahoma is a nice spot - more of the undeveloped feel.

Comment

How bad is Oklahoma?

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                I despise the government, laws and 80% of the people of California but the state itself is pretty cool. Ever been to Catalina Island or Lake Tahoe?

The hill country is a vacation spot. Life here is greatness. What's miserable is living in a metropolis with 7.5 million people.

I’d rather go to Oklahoma, and watch California fall off into the pacific on the news.

I’d rather go to Ok than Cali, I enjoy the Hill country as well.
                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Last edited by Dale Moser; 05-14-2019, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Lots of ignorance being spewed here with a few nuggets of good information. Many of our contributors are staying true to form. Kudos, gents. [emoji6] Texas is awesome. Even the less awesome parts which shall remain nameless. No one disputes this. I am a native Oklahoman that produced three Texans. (My kids are Texans.) I love it here. Good people, good schools, and good jobs in many areas. Not so good people, not so good schools, and not so good jobs in others that shall remain nameless.

Most folks that have spent more than a weekend in the Sooner state, spent some time in more than one part of the state, and are able to dislodge their head from their own rectum for at least short periods of time to get a clear point of view will tell you that, like any other state, there are great areas and areas that you would not want to purchase property, much less spend the weekend. It’s all in what you are looking for.

I can only speak about my experience: I grew up in the country south of Ardmore, went to school at Southeastern in Durant and have hunted Push county for 24 years. Been in Denton for the last 21 years. Since I’ve had kids old enough to go to the lease I’ve been trying to recreate many of my childhood and adolescent experiences for them. In doing so I’ve learned that to own the acreage that I want, sufficient to create these, I have to go North of the Red River. We bought in Haskell County, Oklahoma last year and are enjoying it.

If you are looking for affordable property, excellent deer hunting, and a slower pace, Oklahoma is certainly a good option. Do your homework, take your time, and stay in prayer. If you do buy in Oklahoma you will see that it in not Texas. Your opinion of this will be heavily influenced by your point of view.

Keep us updated on your progress!

Comment

This^
                    Texas is awesome in a bunch of ways,but it ain't "country" anymore.4th generation here.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Maybe we can just go take over California and kick all them out. Maybe old Mexico?

Comment

Originally posted by Hart8 View Post
                        This^
                        Texas is awesome in a bunch of ways,but it ain't "country" anymore.4th generation here.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

There’s country in every state including California and New York.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                          Way less libs and city folk.
                          So you know what Ok City has or any city in Ok? Liberals and City Folk!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                            But we can agree to lump Austin/San Antonio in with Houston and dfw right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Austin is the leader is crazy liberal non-sense for Tx. But all of the major cities are just that, Cities. Cities house the crazy liberals that turn good states upside down with their liberal views.

That being said, they have been migrating to the small rural towns that are commutable to the big cities. Drives me crazy because us small town rural area people that have created such a peaceful and beautiful life style is now attracting them. Happened to Katy years ago, Fulsher, Simoton, now Needville, and many more. It is even happening in the small place I am from. 15 miles North of El Campo. My cousin sold off his moms land to two city folks. One is using it as an "weekend" home and there is a couple more down the road.

Comment

Oklahoma isn't as bad as people say. My sister and BIL have lived there about 15 years, most close to OKC and the past few years just outside of Guthrie. They also own hunting property near Calvin and he has some good bucks there.
                              The only negatives for me are ticks, cold and snow, earthquakes, and I have never seen so many man buns the last time I was there.

Comment

Ah, man buns. Liberal city folk.

Comment

Working...
                                X