Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does pregnant wife get a Mother's Day gift?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First off, I say don't buy into the 'Hallmark' mindset that every supposed 'special day' is a gift-giving day.
    Something like 'Mother's Day' is really about appreciating our mothers and few of them really want a gift as much as love from their children.
    That being said, what I did for my wife when she was pregnant was buy her a Mother's Day card and in it I wrote a note from the perspective of the child she was carrying, telling her what a great mom she was going to be and how excited I was for God to give me her as a mom.

Comment

Cheaper than 18 years of child support

Comment

If you start now, she'll expect something every year.

Comment

I would get her at least a card and some flowers. Best to play it safe brother

Comment

She gets 2 gifts

Comment

As a wife and mom....YES get her something. Not because you have to, but because you recognize and appreciate the changes she is and will go through to give you a child. I buy my husband father's day cards every year and will continue to do so. No, she's not your mom, but she is the Mother of your child, and you love her for it.

Comment

Well a big shout out and thank you to the green screen for saving my marriage! Ha.

$75 gift card to Hand and Stone Massage Therapy covers an hour pre-natal massage. That along with non-slip pregnancy socks , and a card "from both of us"... Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  Well a big shout out and thank you to the green screen for saving my marriage! Ha.

$75 gift card to Hand and Stone Massage Therapy covers an hour pre-natal massage. That along with non-slip pregnancy socks , and a card "from both of us"... Thanks for the advice!
                  You may now add the SMART MOVE star to your man card.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Got mine flowers, which is what she loves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
                      yes, in her mind she is already a mother ,
                      This....^^^^^

Comment

My wife and I don't exchange gifts, never have. I haven't bought my mom a mother's day gift ever I'm almost certain. However, I do usually cook the two either crawfish or fish on mother's day. That's the best gift I can give and they're always happy because our family is spending time together which is hard to coordinate these days.

Comment

Yes. The hormones will kick in and it will be ugly for you, I learned the hard way trying to go the alpha male route and told her she wasn’t my mother.

Comment

Closing the loop on this. She very much appreciated the gesture. Got a gift card to pre-natal massage and some non-slip socks for the big day. GS saves the day again.

Comment

Well done bud!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Smart man.....

Congrats on the future life changing event

Comment

Working...
                                X