No announcement yet.

6th Grader Rant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe is whippings, but also realize that it's not the end all be all. I haven't whooped my 2 boys in a good long while and they are 10 and 13. So far they are incredibly respectful and I'm grateful for that. One thing I NEVER let them slide on is manners and at the age they are it seems to be just a part of their vocabulary now. My 13yo is a late blooming 8th grader and believe me he has had a tough year fitting in, but he has also figured out who his friends really are in the process. It's a struggle raising kids now because the times are just so different. When I was his age if a coach, teacher, or parent didn't line me out then a peer darn sure would!

Comment

In

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
        I also have a 6th grader. Will be 12 in May. Similar story. He has hit puberty. Has hair growing in places that his mom and I weren't ready for. He has also grown a few inches this year. Definitely hormones.

Same here! Mine will be 13 in june going to 7th. He has grown a ton. He is not near disrespectful to me as he is with mom. But i do not tolerate it either way me or mom. His attitude stems from having to do homework and study. His friends seem not to have as much parental involvement and get to play games online everyday all day after school.
        I think it is hormones and just pushing our buttons to learn his limits.

BTW- you came to the right place with your venting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
          Same here! Mine will be 13 in june going to 7th. He has grown a ton. He is not near disrespectful to me as he is with mom. But i do not tolerate it either way me or mom. His attitude stems from having to do homework and study. His friends seem not to have as much parental involvement and get to play games online everyday all day after school.
          I think it is hormones and just pushing our buttons to learn his limits.

BTW- you came to the right place with your venting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to my son he is the only one who doesn't get to play as much X Box as he wants. All his friends get unlimited play ha ha. Oh well, sorry about that. He still only gets a couple hours Friday through Monday. Nothing Tues-Thurs.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            I can only share what my dad did with me as I only have a daughter.
            Get about 7 yards of dirt, mulch, etc delivered and put a shovel in his hand...……..tell him to get after it! Lots of time to think about it and select baseball would not exist this summer.
            yes sir. Kids now days are so entitled. They don't realize that doing those fun things aren't a given, but a privilege. If taking something dear to them away doesn't change the attitude, bust that ***** and make them finish the job anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X