Safety toe boot recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Safety toe boot recomendations

its time for a new pair of steel/composite toe shoes/boots. I wear them everyday and walk a lot. no real abuse just normal wear walking the plant. what the most comfortable recommendation?

Redwings is my preferred boots.

Comment

New balance work shoes are great , in a walking type job

Granger has a good selection also
      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-07-2019, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Redwings or thorogoods.

Comment

Redwings

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I've been in all kinds of work boots and shoes since '82 from the Navy, to climbing poles, and 24 years as an plant operator. Lots of boots on the ground time. I used to wear Red Wing and Wolverine, but switched 15 years ago to Timberland (laced boots) and haven't looked back. I prefer their "Titan Pro" with the composite toe. Its the lightest & most comfortable shoe/boot right out of the box I've ever worn. Zero break in time. I've worn Timberland's "Helix" boot and like it a lot too...just slightly heavier.

For pull-on western style boots I wear the Twisted-X boots with the soft rubber sole. Also zero break in time.

Some guys at work swear by their Sketchers "sneaker style" work shoes. They say the Sketchers are like the Timberland and Twisted-X for needing zero break in time.

Comment

Wolverine or Timberland is what I go with. I never cared for Redwings.

Comment

Irish setter or Tims

Comment

Walked the tread off a few pair myself. Now I just don't deal with "composite/steal" toe because It's not mandatory.
                  As we all walk a little different some LOVE the Redwing and some the Wolverine, but few like both. I was a wolverine fan and my pops who has been in the same warehouse for over 40 years wore Redwing. Not sure what he prefers now, but fit is the upmost important. You can wear a heavy boot all day if it fits well.

Comment

Red Wing and/or Irish Setter

Comment

Irish Setter.

Comment

Recently bought a pair of Timberland PRO 8” and they are pretty dang comfortable. Might give them a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

If you’re not doing the labor, and mostly walking doing inspections and such then Twisted X Mocs are the way to go. I wear them for labor too on occasion, and have ran a lot of pipe in the ground on a drilling/Workover rig with them. I bought them cause I’m mainly sales/account managing, and I spend more time driving and visiting with customers than I do actually working. On occasion I help out the field when they’re too busy to see straight though, and I love these shoes. By far the most comfortable I’ve found. If I did more actual labor I’d stick with a boot.Click image for larger version

Name:	76C3914D-ECD4-402B-8BF6-E8BE8349FF27.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	24579525

Comment

Double H for pull on and Irish Setter for lace up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Justin Lacers from Tractor Supply.

Comment

Working...
                              X