Texas legislature approves welfare and Medicade benefits for illegals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas legislature approves welfare and Medicade benefits for illegals

Just heard today that the Texas Legislature passed a bill giving illegals welfare benefits and Medicade benefits. And your having to work your butts off to pay for your families health benefits.

Please post a link, I find that very hard to believe.

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
      Please post a link, I find that very hard to believe.
      x2

Comment

ummm....

Comment

Hb 888.

Comment

Hrrrm... passed house.
            Last edited by Encinal; 05-06-2019, 07:39 PM.

Comment

link here

Brooks Landgraf accepted an amendment that grants welfare benefits to illegal aliens. And no lawmaker objected or even asked for a vote.

Comment

Hell they are already exploiting the system now .

Comment

Throwin darts beat me with the link

Comment

“AUTOMATIC PROVISION OF MEDICAID BENEFITS. To the extent permitted by federal law and regardless of the nationality of the child, the commission shall ensure a child who is used in the commission of an offense under Section 37.082, Penal Code, is provided Medicaid benefits.“

The bill is actually making it illegal to use children to try to gain refuge. The amendment was added to say that if a child is illegally used for that purpose they will get Medicaid.

Comment

Fify

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      just heard today that the texas legislature passed a bill giving illegals welfare benefits and medicade benefits. And your having to work your butts off to pay for your families and their families health benefits. Plus their food stamps, subsidized housing, wic, free - pre-k, free school lunches, and a bunch of other programs.

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                        “AUTOMATIC PROVISION OF MEDICAID BENEFITS. To the extent permitted by federal law and regardless of the nationality of the child, the commission shall ensure a child who is used in the commission of an offense under Section 37.082, Penal Code, is provided Medicaid benefits.“

The bill is actually making it illegal to use children to try to gain refuge. The amendment was added to say that if a child is illegally used for that purpose they will get Medicaid.
                        Why add the provision?

Comment

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
                          Why add the provision?
                          I'm guessing rural hospitals going broke because they are not getting paid for indigent care they have provided has something to do with it.

Comment

I guess we will see exactly where our governor is on this .

Comment

1. The bill has not passed the Senate and has not even had a committee vote taken. That is the first step before it can be debated in the full Senate.

2. The bill does not grant anything to illegal aliens per se.

3. The new proposed law says that if a child is used in human trafficking, that child (while here depending on federal government) will get Medicaid. Trafficking under Texas law is bringing someone in for forced labor or sex.

From the way I read this new proposed law, if a child is brought across the border illegally with intent to force the child into the sex trade or forced labor, while the child is here Texas will cover the child under Medicaid.

If it is HB888 that we are discussing, it has nothing to do with medical care or welfare for illegals. It is only for children who are forced across the border as sex slaves or forced labor.

Assuming that is true… That does not make me nearly as good of headlines as saying illegals will now get free medical care and welfare.

Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                              X