No announcement yet.

Mule Pro Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will take some more pics of the bumper.
    I like the windshield but it squeaks a lot when it is open. It’s fine when closed. The outer is plastic but the part that flips is glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Super ATV rear a-arms came in yesterday, and the EPI clutch spring kit came in today!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
        Super ATV rear a-arms came in yesterday, and the EPI clutch spring kit came in today!

Just ordered springs also. Does the a arms give it any lift? Think about doing fronts and back if so. What did you go with? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by DWS View Post
          Just ordered springs also. Does the a arms give it any lift? Think about doing fronts and back if so. What did you go with? Thanks

Rears only for me. Im running 28's, so I want more wheel well clearance. I'm also not running a lift. My 28's raised me 2".

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
            Rears only for me. Im running 28's, so I want more wheel well clearance. I'm also not running a lift. My 28's raised me 2".

Get the rear a arms put on? Let’s see how it looks.

Comment

Rear Arms just move tire away from the front of the wheel well 1.5-2” depending on kit.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
                Rear Arms just move tire away from the front of the wheel well 1.5-2” depending on kit.

Yes ,I know that. I want to see what his looks like. Or if someone else have installed them.

Comment

Yes ,I know that. I want to see what his looks like. Or if someone else have installed them.

Man I am kneck deep in into it right now!

I took my flat bed off to have it blasted & painted, so I thought it would be a good time to start installing all of the parts I have been accumulating.....

1. EPI clutch kit
                  2. new belt (the original belt has been chirping some)
                  3. Super ATV rear arms
                  4. new starter (the original just started dragging on cold starts)

Last night I was able to complete the starter, clutch springs, and belt. If you don't know about a starter install.....well.....it's a PIA. Kawasaki decided to hide the 2 starter bolts behind the belt converter housing. Luckily, Partzilla has done a great R&R video that really helped me out. The hardest part was cleaning the old RTV off the backside of the housing, and re-applying.

partzilla video https://youtu.be/3EGyTv3LvY8

While I was waiting on the RTV to dry last night, I decided to tear into the drivers side rear a-arm. I have been hearing a squeek lately from that wheel area, and just as I suspected the wheel bearing is bad. I got both a-arms installed pretty easily, but now I have to get me a new bearing.

I did get my bed back from paint though. Can't wait to get done with these repairs so I can get the bed on!

I will post some pics when I get it all back together.

Comment

Not best picture but 30” tires superatv front and rear arms, 2” elka lift
                    Attached Files

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Bet you have no issues with ground clearance now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fish4food View Post
                          Bet you have no issues with ground clearance now!!!
                          Honestly I think if I get new tires down road I’ll go to 28”s. Little less weight and more torque for not much height loss.
                          Last edited by Texans42; 08-19-2020, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Got the passenger side completed last night. Wheel bearing for the drivers side should come in today, and I will get some pics. Install for the passenger side took about 30 minutes from wheel off, to wheel back on.

The Super ATV instructions call for you to remove more stuff than is actually required. I did pull my brake caliper and tie it off out of the way. But it also calls for you to remove the hub & spindle, which is not required. I left mine attached to the CV shaft, and did the bottom a-arm first. Then did the top a-arm. Went really quick, and I dont know why they suggest removing all the extra stuff. Removing the hub and spindle from the CV shaft would have greatly extended the install time, and possibly cause you to seperate your wheel bearing on accident trying to get it all apart. I have done that before on other machines, as the CV to bearing tolerance is pretty tight.
                            Last edited by Palmetto; 08-20-2020, 06:46 AM.

Comment

You will enjoy the grease zerts it has. Make life a lot easier and quieter

Comment

Got it all put back together this evening. Really happy with the paint job, and how everything turned out.

Comment

Working...
                                X