Mule Pro Mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
    How much of a pain were the Super ATV A arms? Ive been looking at going that route instead of the bracket lift.
    If you are not going to run 30” go with just elka shocks, with 30” you will need arms. Not hard, pretty straight forward. I think you can actually run 30” with just the rear arms but don’t quote me.

The elkas are simply to install. You will have to trim a touch as in 1/8 in but literally nothing. You don’t even have to take wheels off
    Last edited by Texans42; 11-22-2019, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Texans42 View Post
      If you are not going to run 30” go with just elka shocks, with 30” you will need arms. Not hard, pretty straight forward. I think you can actually run 30” with just the rear arms but don’t quote me.

The elkas are simply to install. You will have to trim a touch as in 1/8 in but literally nothing. You don’t even have to take wheels off
      How much and where do you have to trim? You didn’t happen to video the install did you?

Comment

Deer hunting in old Mexico
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
          Looks awesome man. Good luck!

Comment

Passenger side handle (soft handle mounted to frame)
            Bazooka sound bar tube and led lights make it fun.

Up next is Kanati mongrels. I like an all Terrain style tire.

Some read back up lights would be nice.

Mine came with a soft roof and it is holding up for now

Comment

Pretty stable up there without jacks?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Ga Hunter View Post
                How much and where do you have to trim? You didn’t happen to video the install did you?
                Elka’s or A-Arm’s?

Elka’s are 1000’ish and I did have to trim about a 1/16 of on inch of the shock mounts. The caps on the shock set up a touch to high.

It takes about 30 mins to trim and install. You could use a dremil, Grinder or even sander. It’s not intensive at all

No on the Video. Call John Hester at Hesters motor sports he can walk you through it

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                  Pretty stable up there without jacks?

Very stable. I installed HD springs and the stand is aluminum. Weighs around 80 lbs I think.

Comment

Very stable. I installed HD springs and the stand is aluminum. Weighs around 80 lbs I think.

Good deal. Thats a nice setup. Fun to hunt on top like that down there in that thick brush too!

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
                      Good deal. Thats a nice setup. Fun to hunt on top like that down there in that thick brush too!

Definitely more fun and effective to be mobile.

Comment

Elka Shocks

Elkas shocks are my favorite addition
                        Been thinking about getting Elka’s. Did you have to modify or adjust the shock mounts to make them fit? I hear nothing but good things about them. No lift required and you can set it from 2-4 inches. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Ga Hunter View Post
                          Been thinking about getting Elka’s. Did you have to modify or adjust the shock mounts to make them fit? I hear nothing but good things about them. No lift required and you can set it from 2-4 inches. Thanks
                          You may have to remove 1/16 to an 1/8 off the top shocks mount rabbit ears. It needs to be ground because the cap on the elkas are a touch long. The entire install and quick grind took me roughly 30min, by myself, Using floor jack and a shovel. Basically just grinding touch off the rabbit ear shock mount

Pretty simple install really. I just put 250 miles on mine in 7 days hunting mule deer in west Texas. Those shocks made a huge difference.

Comment

Mule Pro Mods

I added a couple off 6” led lights under the bed and there hooked up to a rocker switch up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone have this back windshield ? Thinking about getting one but not sure. Kind of wanted some reviews from the green screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

You may have to remove 1/16 to an 1/8 off the top shocks mount rabbit ears. It needs to be ground because the cap on the elkas are a touch long. The entire install and quick grind took me roughly 30min, by myself, Using floor jack and a shovel. Basically just grinding touch off the rabbit ear shock mount

Pretty simple install really. I just put 250 miles on mine in 7 days hunting mule deer in west Texas. Those shocks made a huge difference.
                                Thanks for the reply. You made my mind up for me and I’m going to order just after I get over the 3 kid Christmas shock. Lol. Did yours come preset at 3”? Are you still running stock wheels and tires or did you upgrade? Please post pics of the unit with the new shocks.

Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
                                X