How do you book vacations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you book vacations?

Do you use an actual travel agent or expedia, etc. Just curious. Really didn’t think there were many travel agents around these days

Rick

My mother is a travel agent. She doesn’t charge anyone fees to book. Worst case it’s same price as you see online but most times she has better deals. Using an agent you also have someone that can help you if something goes wrong. Often times we also get free room upgrades etc with her relationship to the resort etc .

This is assuming it’s a vacation. When it comes to airfare only booking online is fine.

Comment

Were going to go to the Caribbean next year. I had just assumed online would be cheaper but now I’m not so sure

Rick

Comment

Travel agents are worth the money if something goes wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I book most of my stuff through airbnb.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
            My mother is a travel agent. She doesn’t charge anyone fees to book. Worst case it’s same price as you see online but most times she has better deals. Using an agent you also have someone that can help you if something goes wrong. Often times we also get free room upgrades etc with her relationship to the resort etc .

This is assuming it’s a vacation. When it comes to airfare only booking online is fine.
            ^^^^^ always use a travel agent, essential if it’s a trip of a lifetime ^^^
            And trip insurance just Incase something goes wrong

I have turned a couple of buddies on to my travel agent, she asked them budget, and time frames
            She sent them on some super trips, like up the river Danube, ice land, a small cruise ship through the Panama Canal and west coast of Costa Rica
            Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 05-02-2019, 06:54 PM.

Comment

What travel agency/agent can you recommend. I want to take the family on vacation before the season.

Comment

Agreed, definitely use a travel agent. They don't cost you anything, will almost always save you money, and are priceless if you have an issue because they can get things worked out for you.

My wife is a travel agent and handles several TBH members vacations. Feel free to shoot her an email with any questions. audra@remarkablegetaways.com

Comment

I book all my trips myself

Comment

Originally posted by blatallic View Post
                    What travel agency/agent can you recommend. I want to take the family on vacation before the season.
                    leisa@rennerttravel.com She is great
                    I am in San Antonio where are y’all

Comment

I go the SUPER-EXPENSIVE route.....My wife does it.

Comment

I'm in Houston

Comment

For vacations Homeaway, VRBO.

Comment

I’ve done both. We used a travel agent going to Ireland and it was nice because it was very low stress setting up. We basically told her what we wanted and how much we wanted to spend. She found us all kinds of cool stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              I go the SUPER-EXPENSIVE route.....My wife does it.
                              I know that feeling. She’s planned some great trips though.

Comment

Working...
                              X