No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if it has been posted yet but here is a 197" out of Anderson County that was killed earlier this week. Low fence.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
      Finally caught up to an old 8 I've been after all season. Had one opportunity with my bow while hunting a scrape in late October but he winded me about 50 yards out. Ended up killing him with a rifle at 10 yards while walking in late to my stand. Sometimes you just get lucky.

He's a nice one. Congratulations!

Comment

Originally posted by EastTx View Post
        Not sure if it has been posted yet but here is a 197" out of Anderson County that was killed earlier this week. Low fence.

Another stud!

Comment

Nice Buck there!! East Tx giant.

Comment

we sat in hunt county last night and had a lot of activity with smaller bucks running does but neither of our shooters showed up.

Comment

Wife killed one of our target deer opening morning. It was her first big buck. We believe he is at least 6.5 by our pictures. She was so excited to be going after him. We were in the stand 45 min early lol. He got by us at around 10am cruising for a doe. Then around 10:20 a doe popped out at 60 yards and I could tell right away she was in heat. Told the wife to get her gun out the window and be ready. Just like that, he came out broadside. I said quickly "Kill'em kill'em now". Made a perfect heart shot he ran 20 yards and died. As soon as she shot I said you just killed one hell of a buck and the tears started coming. I was so happy for her. She has put in alot of time and passed on some deer that others have shot. Was well deserved.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice one. Congrats to her.

J

Comment

So, your wife shot your buck. You cried. That was very nice.
                  Congrats on waiting out the trophy.

Comment

Congratulations to your wife! He's a nice one.

Comment

Awesome deer guys, its been slow in Polk County at our lease. There have been a few shot but nothing to write home about.

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Aggie what county do you hunt? That buck looks kinda familiar and was just curious. If you want to PM me that would be fine.

Comment

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Back from the rig for 14 days.
                          Bucks been rutting & hitting scrapes hard in Gregg, Marion and Cass according to my cams. My city shooter buck has left my Gregg Co spot behind my house but I have 150” 8pt. in Cass/ Marion and a huge body 225#+ 7 point. Headed out tomorrow for a week or so to try and kill one of them. Checking my little girl out early from school and will get in as soon as the rain lets up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                          Last edited by Hix; 11-21-2019, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Get in while its raining so you be ready when the rain stops and the movement starts up

Good luck. I saw rutting activity in Cass county last week. Not tons but it was on. Had 3 doe that were not being pursued but one that I shot had the smell to her.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                              Aggie what county do you hunt? That buck looks kinda familiar and was just curious. If you want to PM me that would be fine.

I’m in Rusk County - couple miles west of Martin Lake (as the crow flies) in Church Hill. He vanished after I saw him chasing that doe but fortunately we just got some pics of him a couple days ago. I’ll be after him Saturday morning.

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post
                                I’m in Rusk County - couple miles west of Martin Lake (as the crow flies) in Church Hill. He vanished after I saw him chasing that doe but fortunately we just got some pics of him a couple days ago. I’ll be after him Saturday morning.

Cool. Definitely not the same deer.

Good luck getting on him.

Comment

Working...
                                X