2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
    Maybe it was bait. Who knows. Could never prove it was hinted over. Only thing I really took from those posts was to stop referencing where exactly I killed my deer or got pics. County name will do. Simply stating it didn’t look legal. I could care less of it was 12 7/8”. Still a trophy on public. Not trying to get the guy in trouble or have him think anything less of his trophy. Great deer!

Highway, I will be down there this weekend if you wanna meet up and shoot the sheet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I didn’t take it that way no worries. I’ll be in Junction this weekend, maybe next year!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
      Found multiple rubs on trees in Trinity County starting 31st of October and have been freshened up multiple times. The bucks are moving but are not really interested in the does yet. Still seeing groups up to 5 does and even the singles are alone. Did find some GREAT sign on some willows near a cattle pond.
      Friday the 1st my brother shot a nice buck from my treestand which we were not able to recover. Evidence is there but the movement is not what we were expecting. I hope we have not missed a good piece of the rut already and our little herd is just late to the party. Most reports are full on rut and breeding phase already.

My place in Walker/Grimes county line is putting out better deer each year. Spotted a couple great bucks a few miles from the house eating on Acorns.

Then these showed up this week right behind the house. First o e is an old warrior which i have never seen.

Might be reading this wrong but last 3 pics look to be the same deer

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
        Might be reading this wrong but last 3 pics look to be the same deer

Close, the top two are the same and the bottom one is a different one. Crab claws are a dominant trait in this area. The difference is the split brow. I just didnt keep the front pic of the last buck.

Comment

Gotcha. It looked like that extra brow was in the last pic also- pointing forward

Comment

Took a big horse head on Sunday morning. Meat in the freezer! Rusk county

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
              Took a big horse head on Sunday morning. Meat in the freezer! Rusk county

My favorite dinners touch the tailgate first! Congrats on the harvest!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrex750 View Post
                I'm hunting in hardin county this weekend and some during the week, and no one is seeing any deer movement in the morning. Evenings u might see a couple doe and that's about it. Anyone else seeing this kind of pattern.
                I am not far from you, peak of the last rut was about 2-3 weeks ago. They should be firing up any day now again.

Comment

If you ain’t hunting today your missing the best day so far!

Since about 9:30 yesterday evening to now it has been a non stop parade of old and new bucks cruising by set ups! There’s a buck at a scrape no more than every 3 hours. Trail coming off food plots going to doe beds are all guaranteed sightings

Glad I got my target, and my daughters. But I hate being out of the game. Ready for my out of state trip!

All my records have Nov 9-14 as peak days every year since I’ve kept track. That’s upon us. Cold front, high pressure, favorable moon... now the time! Get off those barrels and on transition lines. Find the doe. Only second I would waste hunting food is late evening if I had a field or plot that was guaranteed doe groups. Other than that not a chance

Good luck this weekend. Should still be great... but today is awesome

Comment

Awe chit DDF and Antlers86 the wardens are out!

Nice bucks guys!!

Comment

She stomped one to many times and got a rage hypo sent through her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Awe chit DDF and Antlers86 the wardens are out!

Nice bucks guys!!

I love how they say “ah heck i really don’t care” looks like from previous post the real law breaker is callin another man out... ironic! from this day forth anything i kill from sea to shinning sea will be nothing but sideways pics, and i will skin them and store them 600 miles away so if a warden wants to see him he’ll have to make a little trip. Tired of being harassed by GW and “fellow hunters”. Y’all shut up an say congrats wish there was a way to block people from threads. The amount of keyboard detectives an tattle tales making up fictional opinions about people’s harvest is out of control.

Congrats to all you outlaws killing some fine deer enjoy your respective trophies, and may they fill you an your families bellies for months to come!

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          I love how they say “ah heck i really don’t care” looks like from previous post the real law breaker is callin another man out... ironic! from this day forth anything i kill from sea to shinning sea will be nothing but sideways pics, and i will skin them and store them 600 miles away so if a warden wants to see him he’ll have to make a little trip. Tired of being harassed by GW and “fellow hunters”. Y’all shut up an say congrats wish there was a way to block people from threads. The amount of keyboard detectives an tattle tales making up fictional opinions about people’s harvest is out of control.

Congrats to all you outlaws killing some fine deer enjoy your respective trophies, and may they fill you an your families bellies for months to come!
                          Exactly.... my daughter shot a 13.5 inch 6 point last weekend. Her second buck ever, cool little buck and she was happy! So I was happy!

You think I was gonna share that dude on here with all the wannabe GS Wardens asking questions? Nope! It's not their dam job anyway, I'm sure we have plenty of REAL wardens scrolling as it is doing the jobs they're paid to do...

And sure as heck wasn't gonna put a 16 year old girl through some BS because some wanna be has a power trip.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Lol!!!

Don't let em bother yall.

Just keep on keepin on!

Lemme add this....

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Quackerbox; 11-07-2019, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Posted this in its own thread, but my buddy killed this in SNF. His first deer ever, on public land, with a bow.. he’s ruined.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                                Exactly.... my daughter shot a 13.5 inch 6 point last weekend. Her second buck ever, cool little buck and she was happy! So I was happy!

You think I was gonna share that dude on here with all the wannabe GS Wardens asking questions? Nope! It's not their dam job anyway, I'm sure we have plenty of REAL wardens scrolling as it is doing the jobs they're paid to do...

And sure as heck wasn't gonna put a 16 year old girl through some BS because some wanna be has a power trip.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                                I feel the same way. My 7 year old killed a nice mature 8 point last weekend, his first buck! 14.25” inside spread but I didn’t post it for the same reasons as above. I was itching to post it and decided not to. Same reasons I still don’t have Facebook. I think I’m one of the only 34 year olds I know without it. Alright, enough said nice job you East Texas boys.

Comment

Working...
                                X