Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
    Thanks man! This is my third year bowhunting the DC. I’ve had a pretty strict goal of getting my first bow kill in the DC on a buck. I’ve spent many hours in stands to no avail, but this guy came into the beauty berry pushing a doe and he finally slipped around me at 35 yards. I stopped him, made the shot, he ran maybe 20-30 yards then rolled about 65 yards down a steep hill and died in the water. He’s not the biggest buck by far, but I’m **** proud of him. Now we have an ice chest full of meat. Gonna get back out and try to get my buddy his first bow buck kill this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I will be that guy, but.......this buck doesn’t look like it meets AR. Any buck killed on public is a trophy. Good job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post
      Ok I will be that guy, but.......this buck doesn’t look like it meets AR. Any buck killed on public is a trophy. Good job.

Yeah I’m with you on this one....

Comment

I'm hunting in hardin county this weekend and some during the week, and no one is seeing any deer movement in the morning. Evenings u might see a couple doe and that's about it. Anyone else seeing this kind of pattern.

Comment

Originally posted by FLASH_OUTDOORS View Post

He does. First thing I did was measure him up, he came out just over 13”. If he didn’t I wouldn’t have posted a photo of him. I knew it was close when I took the shot but it worked out.

Comment

Me being 6’5 and 280 doesn’t help make the deer look any bigger lol

Comment

There you go, shut them up!

Comment

Originally posted by drogers6771 View Post
                There you go, shut them up!

Haha nah I expected it. He was younger than I wish I would’ve taken, but I’ll be the first to admit at full draw, after seeing a combined 10 deer, no shooters, over the last three years. This guy was dead once I saw him. I’m all for killing older deer, but I let him look older than he was. I had full on tunnel vision[emoji23]

Comment

FLASHOUTDOORS Man how did you feel a few years ago when the internet GWs gave you hell for posting pics of deer in the DCNF over what I believe was obviously bait? I've never seen so many buck pics on public land just happen to be eating in the same opening.

Comment

Spilt a little blood last night

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                      Madison county buck my son got this morning. His best yet.

Nice one and congrats! Whereabouts are y'all in Madison County? I got a place in North Zulch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yeah buddy! Nice one Shane!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                          Nice one and congrats! Whereabouts are y'all in Madison County? I got a place in North Zulch.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Off FM 1372, north of 39. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ElfEyes View Post
                            FLASHOUTDOORS Man how did you feel a few years ago when the internet GWs gave you hell for posting pics of deer in the DCNF over what I believe was obviously bait? I've never seen so many buck pics on public land just happen to be eating in the same opening.

Maybe it was bait. Who knows. Could never prove it was hinted over. Only thing I really took from those posts was to stop referencing where exactly I killed my deer or got pics. County name will do. Simply stating it didn’t look legal. I could care less of it was 12 7/8”. Still a trophy on public. Not trying to get the guy in trouble or have him think anything less of his trophy. Great deer!

Highway, I will be down there this weekend if you wanna meet up and shoot the sheet.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernell View Post
                              Killed one of our management 8 yesterday. Trinity Co deer are rutting hard, I saw over 20 deer yesterday in a bow stand.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                              I'm in Trinity County as well and out bucks seem to have not much interest in the does. The young ones are looking but still have not seen any bigger bucks like we usually do. Even had a group of 5 does cruise through Saturday morning with only a small 8 that was more interested in browsing than the girls.

Comment

Found multiple rubs on trees in Trinity County starting 31st of October and have been freshened up multiple times. The bucks are moving but are not really interested in the does yet. Still seeing groups up to 5 does and even the singles are alone. Did find some GREAT sign on some willows near a cattle pond.
                                Friday the 1st my brother shot a nice buck from my treestand which we were not able to recover. Evidence is there but the movement is not what we were expecting. I hope we have not missed a good piece of the rut already and our little herd is just late to the party. Most reports are full on rut and breeding phase already.

My place in Walker/Grimes county line is putting out better deer each year. Spotted a couple great bucks a few miles from the house eating on Acorns.

Then these showed up this week right behind the house. First o e is an old warrior which i have never seen.

Comment

Working...
                                X