No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW Jpenn, Congratulations to both your sons!!! Those are some fine river bottom bucks sir!!

Comment

Jpenn, those are both awesome deer. Congrats to the boys for sticking with it long enough to kill such awesome trophy deer.

Comment

That lease just doubled lol i thought 3.5 from the pics can you imagine him at 5.5+ [emoji33] but congrats to all them boys on their trophies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congratulations to your sons! They both got themselves a mighty fine trophy. You have all rights to pop a button off of your shirt for teaching them well. I know y'all will have a lot of fond memories to share in the future.

Comment

Thanks guys ! I don’t even know if I will pull the trigger on something this year but it makes it all worth it that both my boys got two giants! I was and still am proud of them!

Comment

Originally posted by Jpenn24 View Post
              Thanks guys ! I don’t even know if I will pull the trigger on something this year but it makes it all worth it that both my boys got two giants! I was and still am proud of them!

And rightfully so!

Comment

Yeah my son killed him. I haven’t had time to post about it yet. The deer was a ten pt last year and just blew up this yr. had too many pictures of him lately to let him walk because he would have got shot. The deer was only 3-1/2 or 4-1/2. I. Pretty sure 3-1/2. My 14 yr old killed him about 9 am. We named the deer palmetto because that’s what his horns looked like! My 12 yr old killed a 134 Sunday mornin. Old deer too that we had no pictures of at all and just showed up! He was pumped after the brother got ol palmetto! I will post some pics when I can guys.
                I can only imagine how big your head was this weekend I saw the photos on FB, and had a huge grin on my face on your behalf, sir...that area can grow some crazy big deer for sure! Congratulations to you and your boys on an incredible weekend!

Comment

Cool video man!

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  I passed on this buck I call Hyrack the day before this front hit. I got great video of him breeding a doe at 12 yards. Pretty dang cool.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Dang, that is a pretty cool video!

Comment

Jpenn your boy looks like he’s done deer hunting after that buck!! Lol. Congrats to’em

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                      Looks like there was an ETX monster killed this weekend, possibly around Henderson....
                      This young man played baseball with my son when they were younger. Haven't heard any more details yet.

Comment

Last pic is last yr when he was a ten pt. Then the other buck is my 12 ye olds

I would guess that's a 3 year old in last years pics. Either way, that's one helllll of a buck. Congrats to both of your boys!

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                          I would guess that's a 3 year old in last years pics. Either way, that's one helllll of a buck. Congrats to both of your boys!

My thought as well. 4 yr old this yr. great deer for both young men.

Comment

You laid the smack down down on ole big last year. Never know what will show up. Only time will tell.

Comment

Congratulations to everyone that dirt checked an animal this past weekend. I hunted Friday through Monday and saw 8 different bucks but none of them were shooters. all 1.5 to 3.5 year old. The crazy thing was i didn't see my first deer until Sunday morning and Saturday evening the neighbors decided they would blow a train horn about 20 times and then start shooting their guns. Sounded like an army target practicing. Anyway.. after all the excitement Saturday evening, everything turned around for me Sunday morning. I started seeing deer at 725AM and it didn't stop until almost mid-day. Then Sunday Evening was great as 2 young bucks started sparing inform of me. I was hoping the excitement would bring in the 4 year old 8 that i am after but he never showed. Monday was action packed all day with deer movement and i made an all day sit but again the target buck never showed. I'm not sure when i will be able to hunt again this year, maybe during Thanksgiving but I wish all the rest of you men and women the best of luck and happy hunting. I will be following!

Sonny Kopech Jr

Comment

Saw 5 bucks on my commute home yesterday between 6 and 630 pm in Houston Co. They are certainly moving around

Comment

Working...
                                X