Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
    I’m wondering the same thing. I’m on a small place and I’ve yet to stick anything this season. Gonna be hard to pass up a mature doe if she rolls by. If she’s acting frisky I’ll give her a pass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s me to. My lease is 160 acres and I haven’t killed a nice mature buck off it in 5 years. I get pictures of them but never see them in the stand and want to hold out on a doe but may pass her up to see if she has a buck behind her.

Comment

Watched a momma and her yearling wipe out my corn this morning. Yearling was still hungry so she grabbed some milk from momma before leaving..

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        I don’t shoot does period....... where the does are the boys will come and I’ll keep everyone i can keep.

Not a bad philosophy! I’m thinking I will adopt that as well!

Comment

Originally posted by ETXHorseApple View Post
          Not a bad philosophy! I’m thinking I will adopt that as well!
          If your buck to doe ratio is high, passing on does will not increase your chances of seeing bucks. In fact, if there are too many does to breed a buck does not have to “rut” as hard. He doesn’t have to chase as much, doesn’t have to fight others, establish dominance, etc.

If the buck to doe ratio is good, he will have to work much harder to find a hot doe which will increase your likelihood of seeing them moving.

If there were 100 chicks in a bar and you were the only guy, you’d have it pretty easy.

If there were 100 guys in a bar and 1 chick, you’d have to work pretty hard to pick her up.

I think not shooting does is a failed mentality and failed management program, but that’s just my $0.02.

Comment

On my way in about 545 I busted multiple deer. But, it’s been pretty quiet since. Have had 2 does come in.

Any rut update for North Anderson / South Henderson Counties?

Comment

Originally posted by dataxman View Post
              On my way in about 545 I busted multiple deer. But, it’s been pretty quiet since. Have had 2 does come in.

Any rut update for North Anderson / South Henderson Counties?

No evidence of chasing on camera. Had 2 small bucks come through and bump some doe but they left quick. I'm in north anderson this morning.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                If your buck to doe ratio is high, passing on does will not increase your chances of seeing bucks. In fact, if there are too many does to breed a buck does not have to “rut” as hard. He doesn’t have to chase as much, doesn’t have to fight others, establish dominance, etc.

If the buck to doe ratio is good, he will have to work much harder to find a hot doe which will increase your likelihood of seeing them moving.

If there were 100 chicks in a bar and you were the only guy, you’d have it pretty easy.

If there were 100 guys in a bar and 1 chick, you’d have to work pretty hard to pick her up.

I think not shooting does is a failed mentality and failed management program, but that’s just my $0.02.

Today has been the slowest day I’ve had all season. I’ve had so many coulda, shoulda, woulda’s since October 8, and after yesterday I’m feeling a bit deflated. Thankfully I’ll be at our farm in AnCo next weekend. Maybe a change in scenery will help.
                Last edited by Etxbuckman; 10-26-2019, 07:52 AM.

Comment

This.... people talk crap because our biologist requires us to take 75-80 does per year on our club. But, that keeps the numbers in check and the bucks on their feet.

Comment

Had one of our target bucks just out of range yesterday evening. They are moving good here in north Anderson county.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                      I don’t shoot does period....... where the does are the boys will come and I’ll keep everyone i can keep.

You ain't no coonie baw! Them skillet heads eat best!

Comment

My wall says different but i guess different strokes for different folks. I’ll continue on with what’s worked for my east texas properties.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                          You ain't no coonie baw! Them skillet heads eat best!

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

True! I know some does need to be shot on our place.

Comment

Originally posted by stickemhard3 View Post
                              Had one of our target bucks just out of range yesterday evening. They are moving good here in north Anderson county.
                              What part of north Anderson co are you in?

Comment

Originally posted by ETXHorseApple View Post
                                That’s me to. My lease is 160 acres and I haven’t killed a nice mature buck off it in 5 years. I get pictures of them but never see them in the stand and want to hold out on a doe but may pass her up to see if she has a buck behind her.

Yeah I’m on 88 acres. I have one matureish buck on camera but I’m in a good spot for bucks to cruise while chasing. I was thinking I was going to be covered up this morning but haven’t seen one yet. The deer were lined up down the highway in newton county last night.

Comment

Working...
                                X