No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was a slow day for me. Looking forward to the weather change tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
      Stupid bunch of does in full breeding heat here in Houston co today and yesterday. I'm not talking about pre rut. In talking breeding.

Seems a little early huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by saltwaterslick View Post
        well heck, you can post something like that and not provide pics!! You know the rules!
        [ATTACH]977652[/ATTACH]

Comment

Good deer buckman, congrats to your buddy! Ended with seeing 5 deer this evening. Nothing worth sticking when I’ve got a lot of hunting to go. Hoping for something exciting in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
            [ATTACH]977652[/ATTACH]
            goodgoshawallamoddy!! That is a butterball for sure!!

Comment

Is he an import from Iowa? That dude is huge. Congratulations!

Comment

Welp I’m situated. No rain, no moon, plenty of cloud coverage, but lots wind...

Comment

Back at it this morning. After a slow day yesterday I’m hoping the movement will pick up today.

Question for thought. Do you shoot a doe this time of year when she walks out or do you let her walk in hopes of a buck being not far behind?

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexas88 View Post
                    Welp I’m situated. No rain, no moon, plenty of cloud coverage, but lots wind...

Same here in Anderson county. No rain, no moon but lots of wind.

Good luck today!!
                    Chooot’em!

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                      Stupid bunch of does in full breeding heat here in Houston co today and yesterday. I'm not talking about pre rut. In talking breeding.
                      Hopefully they are just as horny next weekend in Houston County.

Comment

This wind SUCKS. It really hampered the deer movement yesterday, and today looks to be no different.

Comment

I will take this wind over dead calm, 90 degrees, and mosquitoes. Been in and set for a while waiting on the woods to wake up. Finally able to hunt one of my better stands with this wind direction. Active scrape within 75 yards that has been in the same spot for at least 6 years that seems to be the community scrape. But if I base what I target this year by the pictures I’ve seen, I should shoot the skinny 3 point and be happy with tender meat instead of antlers.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXHorseApple View Post
                            Back at it this morning. After a slow day yesterday I’m hoping the movement will pick up today.

Question for thought. Do you shoot a doe this time of year when she walks out or do you let her walk in hopes of a buck being not far behind?

I’m wondering the same thing. I’m on a small place and I’ve yet to stick anything this season. Gonna be hard to pass up a mature doe if she rolls by. If she’s acting frisky I’ll give her a pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ETXHorseApple View Post

I don’t shoot does period....... where the does are the boys will come and I’ll keep everyone i can keep.

Comment

Sitting in my stand outside Lovelady. Had a doe at first light.

Saw a monster buck cross 19 just south of Trinity. He was huge—beautiful rack.

Fingers crossed he traveled 20 miles north to my stand this morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X