• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post

Mature ETX management deer. 192lbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Nice! Need more pictures though.

Comment

What do y’all use for checking wind currents in lieu of milkweed? I don’t even know where to get the stuff.

Was thinking maybe feathers for fly tying would work well?
      Last edited by Etxbuckman; 10-22-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aggiehunter3 View Post
        Best we’ve had so far at our place in Rusk Co. Historically we don’t start seeing our better deer until closer to the rut and especially not in daylight. Gonna definitely be in the stand Saturday morning.

Thats a good one!

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
          Pics please, or it didn’t happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

No pics so it didn’t happen.

Comment

So far feeding this morning I’ve seen 2 small bucks in middle of open fields, both had doe pinned down.

21 days from today is November 13. November 9-14 have been peak of movement as long as I’ve kept records. Right now is a great time for y’all to be in the woods. This weekend will probably be too late for a big movement. Why you don’t burn up those kitchen passes on random BS days

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              What do y’all use for checking wind currents in lieu of milkweed? I don’t even know where to get the stuff.

Was thinking maybe feathers for fly tying would work well?
              It’s EVERYWHERE right now here but not quiet ready. Send me your address and if you can’t find any I can probably mail you some. Nothing compare to it

I tested air flow in n a calf barn last week with it. Unreal. With 2....2 huge ventilation fans this stuff floated away... to a door opening. Suspended for almost a min then floated strait to and past the fans blowing it!!! Why I don’t believe “deer downwind never smelled me”.... that’s cause your scent never got there. I promise

This stuff will open your eyes as to what you are really hunting. Not as easy as north or south wind

Comment

Lexis just took out first doe I saw...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                    So far feeding this morning I’ve seen 2 small bucks in middle of open fields, both had doe pinned down.

21 days from today is November 13. November 9-14 have been peak of movement as long as I’ve kept records. Right now is a great time for y’all to be in the woods. This weekend will probably be too late for a big movement. Why you don’t burn up those kitchen passes on random BS days
                    I'm really thinking this weekend and throughout next week oughta be the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by ethic1 View Post

That oughta fill up the freezer! Good one !

Comment

It’s EVERYWHERE right now here but not quiet ready. Send me your address and if you can’t find any I can probably mail you some. Nothing compare to it

I tested air flow in n a calf barn last week with it. Unreal. With 2....2 huge ventilation fans this stuff floated away... to a door opening. Suspended for almost a min then floated strait to and past the fans blowing it!!! Why I don’t believe “deer downwind never smelled me”.... that’s cause your scent never got there. I promise

This stuff will open your eyes as to what you are really hunting. Not as easy as north or south wind
                        PM sent. Thanks!

Comment

Spypoint sent me a picture of a doe that had that look and 1 minute later a small 8 was in the frame. He got distracted and stayed in the corn pile for about 15 minutes though.

Comment

Tomorrow after work cant get here fast enough so i can head north! I'm ready to be in the stand!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ETXHorseApple View Post
                              Tomorrow after work cant get here fast enough so i can head north! I'm ready to be in the stand!!!
                              Right there with ya!

Comment

What do milkweed plants look like? I’m sure I’ve seen one before but I’ve never used milkweed.

Comment

Working...
                                X