No announcement yet.

2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gonna be climbing into the stand about 5:30 tomorrow. Good luck to everyone not working this weekend [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hey Johnny, don't know if you noticed or not, but somebody done stole your feeder!! It's plum gone out yore pen!!

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
        I got settled in my blind about 30 minutes ago here in Houston County. It's raining like heck...made a run for it and got soaked in the process. Feels pretty good soaked to the bone while it's 47 degrees out.[emoji3] The rain looks to sharply cut off here in the next 20 min. The deer should be on their feet shortly after. Good luck to everyone else in the woods!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I’ll be out at my place Saturday they’ve been moving all day per camera

Comment

I see johnny didn't update . I took little David and he whacked a darn nice 9 pt with my crossbow this evening. I hear rumors that johnny passed a 7 year old stud at like 5 yds this evening. Why would a fellow do that you reckon?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
            I see johnny didn't update . I took little David and he whacked a darn nice 9 pt with my crossbow this evening. I hear rumors that johnny passed a 7 year old stud at like 5 yds this evening. Why would a fellow do that you reckon?

I’ve learned the hard way sometimes it’s better to have a fish in hand! Lol but man sure is hard when you know there may be something better [emoji1787]

Comment

Good luck to everyone on the ground or in the trees this morning!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                Hey Johnny, don't know if you noticed or not, but somebody done stole your feeder!! It's plum gone out yore pen!!
                [emoji3] Love me some hand corn and so do them big deer.
                lol...yessir, I got a couple of other deer in mind.

I'm at my bow lease this morning. Lots of deer movement with mostly young bucks sparring and laying down scrapes. I did have a nice tall mature 8 pt skirt my pen at first light. He layed a scrape about 35 yards out and kept on crusing.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

My guess would be he has a bigger one on camera that he’s getting obsessed with !Lol
                  can’t think of anything else and wakes up screaming in the middle of the night because you had a dream where you couldn’t get a shot or missed Lol
                  i know the feeling!

Comment

Man it's been some great weather to be in the woods. Rain had me tied to a feeder yesterday but I was able to shed some blood on [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Huntin over a acron flat/funnel in Houston co. Slight drizzle and heavy overcast, and perfect wind. So thank ya lord for good huntin weather [emoji1374]

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Man it's been some great weather to be in the woods. Rain had me tied to a feeder yesterday but I was able to shed some blood on [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Good job!! KA P!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I brought the kids up Friday afternoon to let them try and get a pig on Saturday. I decided to get in a tree Friday evening and see if I could get a doe. A doe didn't show but this guy walked out at 25yds and gave me a good shot. I'm pretty sure this is the biggest pig I've taken with a bow. The pigs didn't show up for the kids Saturday but we had some got time together in the woods.

Comment

The amount of young bucks I've seen that didnt quite make it across 175 this morning leads me to believe rut is upon us fellas[emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Anon1118 View Post
                              The amount of young bucks I've seen that didnt quite make it across 175 this morning leads me to believe rut is upon us fellas[emoji16]

Just drove back into Dallas this afternoon from Louisiana and we counted 4 as well!

Comment

My son got it done for the first time! First time in a lock on too! Pretty proud dad at the moment!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X