• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ccallarman View Post
    full moon 10/13 and 11/12 this year

And opening day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's going to be a good year in East Texas this year!

Comment

11/11 few days before and after has been my best luck in east Texas. Newton county area.

Comment

Last year Halloween weekend & November 13-15 was hands down the most mature activity I saw and documented

Year before that was Halloween & November 9-11

Halloween is always a good time frame to get the $&&% away from a feeder.

Fawns I found this year showed their momma was breed around October 28 & November 17 +\-

Comment

You know for all the problems East Texas has reading about the anthrax issues in West Texas right now I am thankful that’s one terrible thing we don’t have to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
              You know for all the problems East Texas has reading about the anthrax issues in West Texas right now I am thankful that’s one terrible thing we don’t have to deal with.
              That is no lie! Gotta feel for those guys, can’t even imagine finding all our deer dead like that. Sad deal

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                Man that's one thing I've also been thinking about. Then there really wouldn't be deer in East Texas

Comment

Well no bucks after pulling cards. The weeds have grown up so tall on our place I’m 99% sure it’s keeping them from coming in. Got a little more work to do before opening weekend. While we don’t have any bucks yet we have quite a few does, one of which looks like an ancient foe along with several big pigs.

Comment

First camera check. Watched both these guys last year and they both have put on the inches. Also did a little clean up. Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190809-190043_Photos.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	24588287Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190809-190012_Photos.jpg
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	24588288Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190809-185842_Photos.jpg
Size:	23.8 KB
ID:	24588289Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190809-185751_Photos.jpg
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	24588291Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190809-185259_Photos.jpg
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	24588292Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190809-185251_Photos.jpg
Size:	14.2 KB
ID:	24588290Click image for larger version

Name:	20190810_194815.jpg
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	24588293Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190726-174608_Photos.jpg
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	24588294Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190726-174152_Photos.jpg
Size:	32.6 KB
ID:	24588295

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Still hammering the protein in Camp County. And making their way to the food plot shortly after in the evenings and before heading to protein in the mornings. Hoping they stay on the pattern, but there’s a lot of time left.

Comment

I put the fiancé on a big hog tonight but it looked like a swing and a miss. Hopefully he just won’t come back. Lots of deer coming in right now!

Comment

[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1596.JPG
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	24588337[/ATTACH][/ATTACH][/ATTACH] Couple from this weekends card pull
                          Attached Files

Comment

Great looking bucks.

Comment

I put a camera in a creek crossing that I found in February scouting this particular buck. Lots of big tracks told me it was still being used. I figured the bedding was to the north (kinda crp looking) and plots are 200yards or so south. Got pics every morning and evening but all a family of doe. This bottom was thrashed with big rubs last year, but unsure if the one in after made them are possible the one I killed in November. Either was it’s a great bit of info to have the does natural travel path to bedding!

Also cut about a200 yards of walking deer trail at another location tha connected a “cruising “ path around another bedding area and bigger food plot. He’s been in this plot already this year I just have to find how he gets from point a to point b, so tree options on this property suck more than west Texas. If I can get him or doe using this trail I was lead them past a huntable ambush spot. The amount of work it’s taking to bridge the gaps on this bucks route are exhausting... oh but it will be worth it

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	5F6AC1AC-0AA8-4387-AA5A-5649CEEF9D96.jpeg
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	24588427
                                Any age guesses for the deer on the right?

Comment

Working...
                                X