2019/2020 east Texas hunting thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
    These are walker county.. but our corrigan place has great genetics as well! Super strong brows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’m guessing that’s either North or East Walker County? Seems they’re bigger in general over there (versus South and West).

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
      One more to show body a little better [ATTACH]966394[/ATTACH]
      That Snyper camera looks like it takes good pics. have you had any issues with it?

Comment

Well, we're all paid up for one more year on our South Liberty County place... almost no hunting in the area 3 of the last 4 years... If that dang river does it again this year, that'll be it for me... Love to hunt the hogs and there's some real whopper bucks in those big woods, but I'm tired of fightin' water, mud n bugs/snakes... I'm just not near mad at 'em as I used to be I guess... Gonna try to get feeders going here within the next couple weeks and go look for some acorns...

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          Well, we're all paid up for one more year on our South Liberty County place... almost no hunting in the area 3 of the last 4 years... If that dang river does it again this year, that'll be it for me... Love to hunt the hogs and there's some real whopper bucks in those big woods, but I'm tired of fightin' water, mud n bugs/snakes... I'm just not near mad at 'em as I used to be I guess... Gonna try to get feeders going here within the next couple weeks and go look for some acorns...

You’re a better man than me slick 3/4 years ida cut my loses on that one! Never know though only takes once to catch lightening in a bottle!

Comment

As of today the Trinity was down nicely. Lets hope we don’t get all the dadgum rain AGAIN this year.

Comment

Been waiting to slip into this piece. Went in Sunday and put some hand corn and a covert out. He is right below my bow stand.

What a deer! Good luck chasing him!

Comment

Good looking deer fellas! Man, I have been looking hard for a place in Houston, Eastern Leon/Madison and Trinity Counties. I have made over 50 phone calls to landowners and either their place is already leased out or digits are no good. Pretty frustrating.

I did go check out 800+ acres up for lease (timber land) in Houston County. Some of it runs down into Walker County. I'm sure there are some good deer there but it was extremely grown up and couldn't even penetrate it on foot. It would take weeks and weeks of shredding to get it semi right...and I don't have a tractor. lol Had to pass on it. Some of y'all might know the place I'm talking about.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                  Good looking deer fellas! Man, I have been looking hard for a place in Houston, Eastern Leon/Madison and Trinity Counties. I have made over 50 phone calls to landowners and either their place is already leased out or digits are no good. Pretty frustrating.

I did go check out 800+ acres up for lease (timber land) in Houston County. Some of it runs down into Walker County. I'm sure there are some good deer there but it was extremely grown up and couldn't even penetrate it on foot. It would take weeks and weeks of shredding to get it semi right...and I don't have a tractor. lol Had to pass on it. Some of y'all might know the place I'm talking about.

If it’s close to walker and Houston county you should have jumped on it. Some giant deer and great genetics in that area

Comment

If it’s close to walker and Houston county you should have jumped on it. Some giant deer and great genetics in that area

I know it, just don't have the equipment to get it the way it needs to be. Went and checked out where the campsite is which is right on a fence line of some private with a house about 80 yards deep. Found this right at the camp. [emoji848]

Comment

X2

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                        I know it, just don't have the equipment to get it the way it needs to be. Went and checked out where the campsite is which is right on a fence line of some private with a house about 80 yards deep. Found this right at the camp. [emoji848]

Lol free feed!

Comment

Originally posted by marshman View Post
                          That Snyper camera looks like it takes good pics. have you had any issues with it?
                          I don’t have any issues just having it text pics to my phone, running thru the app I did have some issues.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                            You’re a better man than me slick 3/4 years ida cut my loses on that one! Never know though only takes once to catch lightening in a bottle!

Fred, it's just so close to the house, and there is BIG deer potential, though I haven't really deer hunted it much. Mostly want to chase hogs and have another place to take my grandsons... Buddy of mine took a Genuine Booner off it a few years back, and I've seen a double drop tine Booner there.

Comment

Fred, it's just so close to the house, and there is BIG deer potential, though I haven't really deer hunted it much. Mostly want to chase hogs and have another place to take my grandsons... Buddy of mine took a Genuine Booner off it a few years back, and I've seen a double drop tine Booner there.
                              Ok i retract my statement! With those caliber deer around I’d put up with it lol

Comment

I cant wait for bow season to start in Anderson county this year. Just not excited about sweating in the blind! hahahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X