No announcement yet.

Heart Attack Symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may have a blockage which can lead to the death of the heart tissue (heart attack) They can tell in the ER if you are having an onset or if the event has happened and you are on the backside. Either way, a blockage needs to be cleared or you risk stroke, heart attack or cardiac arrest. These things do not get played with. The elevated BP is a sign that should not be ignored.

Report back when you get to the ER and the have run the EKG, XRay and drawn the 1 st blood sample.

Until then, get the wife to drive ya, NOW!

Comment

I know you said you wanted other replies besides go get it checked out.
      But really, go get it checked out, you had a heart event

Comment

I've had 3 possibly 4. Get yo azz to the ER now!
        The symptoms you just described are exactly what I felt on the night of OCT 19th 1989.
        If I hadn't gone to the ER I would not be sitting here typing this. Last time I was shoveling dirt in the backyard 4 years ago. Felt like someone had put a 100lb weight on my shoulders and neck. No chest pain but I knew what it was. Bam! I got another stint put in. I was 43 years old the first time and I'll be 73 in June. By going to the ER immediately I have cheated the devil out of close to 30 years. You can do the same.
        MOVE IT Bucko! And start taking asprin asap
        Last edited by muzzlebrake; 04-29-2019, 04:31 PM.

Comment

I had my first one at 41, had all those symptoms you described for a couple months and then I was at work one day and knew there was something wrong. I left work at my lunch break and the next morning I was having a quadruple bypass. I was not over weight, didn't smoke,very active,Don't mean to sound like your parent but you need to go to the doctor.

Comment

My last heart attack I came in the house and put two Aspirin under my tongue and let them dissolve and swallowed them down with tap water. Got someone to drive me to the ER. Doctor said the Aspirin probably saved my life as I had 100% blockage in one artery and 90% on another.
            Start taking aspirin now and drink plenty of water. No caffeine.

Did anybody mention get yo azz to the hospital now?
            No ER can refuse to see you. Insurance or not.

Comment

Take it from someone who was relative healthy and running several miles a day, and the out of the blue I started having the horrible chest pains you described. I thought it was just stress b/c it happened at work. After it continuing of and on periodically for a few days I went to my general practitioner and he did an EKG, checked blood pressure, and listened to my heart. He said I had not had a heart attack, and everything seemed ok, but he referred me to a cardiologist just to be safe. Cardiologist did another EKG and sonogram, and saw no abnormalities, but wanted a stress test done to be certain, especially since I had a little shortness of breath. Stress test revealed a likely blockage and he had me in the heart cath lab quickly. Turned out one of the main arteries to my heart was 95 percent clogged and I would likely have had the “widow maker” heart attack had I not gotten help soon. I ended up having a stent placed, and I was a new man overnight. Take it from someone who was initially stubborn about going in b/c I assumed it could not be happening to me. Please get into a doctor and/or inquire about getting some medical insurance ASAP. Your family needs you to do so.

Comment

The common denominator seems to be work.

Don’t go to work problem solved.

My bill will be in the mail.

In all seriousness, go to the freaking doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if you don't have health insurance, i hope you have life insurance.

and i mean this in the most polite and direct way i can say it.

EKG shouldn't be that expensive.

Comment

no one in their right Mind would tell you should walk this off. Heart attacks don’t always present with the same symptoms but you my friend have several that suggest you have or had some sort of cardiac event. I know it’s expensive with out insurance but what’s your life/ quality of life worth to you? Please see a doc.

Comment

12 years ago.
                      Get the EKG and blood test done at this very moment. The reason I mention blood test is that my EKG was fine. The heart in trouble puts out a couple of enzymes that they identify with heart attack.
                      More of a warning than a request.
                      Last edited by Bluesman; 04-29-2019, 05:21 PM.

Comment

As stated above, you dont have to go to hospital for EKG. I dont know know if all Dr office have them, but many do. Can do during a regular dr visit. My opinion is take asprin imediately. Schedule Dr visit asap. But honestly, I would probably go to Urgent Care Clinic or ER. Some things arent worth the risk.

Comment

I'd rather be around to pay off medical bills for 20 years than not.. Time to go get checked..

Comment

I wish my dad had gone to the doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by texasrazor View Post
                              From someone who has had a heart attack, Get in the car and have you wife to the ER.
                              This is not something to gamble on.
                              X 1000 , my heart attack last year had symptoms very similar as yours . My jaw hurt the night before like someone had repeatedly punched me. I had two blockages and had two stents put in. They can check for troponin in your blood to see if you are having a cardiac event. Tell them you don’t have insurance, I am sure they can help someway. I would not ignore it after now having gone through it !! I was complaining the entire time I was in the ER that I was crazy and what a waste of time and money , until they came back and said we are prepping you immediately for the cath lab!!

Comment

I'm one of those guys who literally won't go near a doc unless I actually honestly think I am going to die, and I think if I were in your shoes I'd go to the doc. Sign up for Obamacare or something man, don't make us have to post a RIP thread and fundraiser for your funeral.

Comment

Working...
                                X