Heart Attack Symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Praise the Lord Josh that you are better! High blood pressure is nothing to take lightly! You stay on top of that sir! Get yourself one of those BP measuring machines at the drug store (or even Wally-World). Check it regularly and if it remains high, don't put it off... get help with it. There is a good family practice group of physicians in the Kingwood area that I could recommend to you. If you want the details, PM me and I'll get you the information right away.

Amen!

Prayers for no more symptoms!

Comment

Money well spent to go get checked out and know what’s happening. A warning on the BP meds - be careful working outside in the summer heat. I started taking BP meds a couple years ago. First time doing strenuous work in the heat, I **** near passed out. Just take it easy until you get used to it. It’s also not uncommon to have to try a few different BP meds until you find one that agrees with you. I started on lisinopril and developed a cough that was relentless. Common side effect for a lot of people - but they start you on it cause it’s cheap. I ended up on benicar and it’s been fine. Glad you got yourself checked out!

Comment

Great news and hopefully the BP meds get you lined out! High BP can cause a ton of problems over the long haul so be very thankful. Just remember that getting your meds figured out can be a trial and error deal. Also if you BP has been high for some time you may feel poor for a while when you BP is actually at normal levels. It could take a while for your body to get adjusted to the new parameters.

Comment

Well, I am glad that our first LIVE Heart Attack thread ended this way. It could have so easily converted to a live cardiac cath and open heart surgery thread.

To all who read this...DO NOT IGNORE THE SYMPTOMS. Best case is it is anxiety and you find a way to overcome. It could easily end with a "what ever happened to O'_______...he quit posting one day?"

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Josh, if you want to talk about BP issues, please PM me. It runs rapid in my family and I have been on all kinds of meds. I can tell you which ones make you feel weird and ones that work well and all that crap.

I have had lots of experience with cardiologists and all kinds of tests done on my heart. I'm a bit of an expert unfortunately. my BP shot up at 18 years old and I am now 33. Been on meds my entire adult life. Prayers of comfort for you, heart issues are a scary thing.

Comment

My daughters high blood pressure was due to her kidneys?

Praying for ya and glad you went to the Dr.

Comment

Glad it ended up being not serious

Comment

Glad all worked out for you sir.

On a side note, it seems this is a good reason for everyone to have an Ecg done early and routinely. After an event, it gives the med staff something to compare the current ecg to and hopefully see any differences in the electrical patterns from the previous ones.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Take your meds religiously. High blood pressure is a killer.

Comment

Working...
                    X