No announcement yet.

Ag exemption question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we got a letter noting that ownership had changed and asking us to send in a form.

then another letter after we sent the form in that they requested that we hadn't sent in the form....

then they got a very angry phone call from a certain blonde girl.

That's apparently how the process works in Llano County.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
      we got a letter noting that ownership had changed and asking us to send in a form.

then another letter after we sent the form in that they requested that we hadn't sent in the form....

then they got a very angry phone call from a certain blonde girl.

That's apparently how the process works in Llano County.
      Sounds about right...

Comment

You can always call your CAD and ask, but sometime before January you should be getting this application in the mail. https://comptroller.texas.gov/forms/50-129.pdf

Comment

Every county has slightly different requirements

The people that handle Ag valuation for Smith county are friendly, helpful and easy to deal with

Find out who is the lead for Ag/timber in county where property located and go talk to them or call them on the phone is your best option

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post
            Ag valuation
            This. Technically, it is an ag valuation, not exemption.

Comment

I bought my property in december of '13. It was under Timber Valuation. I had a deadline of April '13 to resubmit a new Timber Management Plan. All was approved and I haven't had to do anything since.

Comment

Talk to the county and get it in writing before buying. I sold 11 acres last year. Kaufman County came by and saw the new gate and fence wasn't up yet, so they denied ag valuation this year. There has maybe been 1 week since they bought it that you could actually get in and work on the place. Its flat ground and been wet since September. Also sold 20 acres and they wouldn't let him have ag valuation because he has never been in ag production himself. Although the property has been. I was going to run cattle on it anyway so they just needed a lease agreement to get ag valuation. Appraisal districts are cracking down and you need to get in writing if you can get ag valuation before buying.

Comment

tagged

Comment

Working...
                  X