• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Stars

Comment

Draft

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
      Kyler going #1 probably...and in 5 years he will be in MLB....

His size will not equate to the NFL....

But I see 4 maybe 5 from theOSU Buckeyes going in the first round !!!!
      MacDaddy67 are you a Buckeye???

Comment

There is no way in hell that Kyler is 5 10 1/8....I stood no less than 5 feet away from him in CS and if he is 5-8 1/2 I would be shocked.....

He is a small guy !!!!
        That is his official measurement from the combine. I went to high school with him and would have to agree he looks shorter than that

Comment

What about RT, RB, REC, Safety, TE ?
          RT can be improved upon from last season. Rankin was pretty bad, but they have added Kalil at LT to at the very minimum make Davenport work to keep a spot. (EDIT, and Seantrel Henderson is back to full health after going down on the first series last season)

When Foreman was behind center and fully healthy, we was pretty good, better than Blue. The OL making improvements will only help Lamar Miller and Foreman run better. Lets wait and see what will come in tonights pick. I think it will be an OL if Dillard falls far enough that a trade up is feasible or if he falls all the way to 23. Not likely, but possible.

HEALTH being the theme for 2019 will determine how well this offense produces. In 2018, They had to use TE to block almost every play because the OL was that bad. And when one of them broke out, they made good yardage and/or a TD. As a matter of fact, Jordan Thomas (6th round selection) scored more TD's than the entire 6th round draftee's combined. The two younger guys, Jordan Thomas and Jordan Akins did pretty well for little to no experience. I expect them to be better and more widely used IF, and thats a BIG IF Will Fuller can stay healthy. In 11 games with Watson, he scored 11 TD's. If he plays all 16 games, expect a 1,000 yard+ Pro Bowl caliber season out of him. And you still have Hopkins, the best WR in the league.

The secondary was awful last year. Im glad they did not pay Mathieu the 14 or 15Mil per season to keep him. Colvin had the injury bug last year. They got rid of the worst tackler and concussion magnet on the field in Kevin Johnson. And still have the steal of last years draft, Justin Reid. Kid is a freak and im hopeful he steps up even more.
          Tashaun Gipson was added in FA. Not excited, but he is a warm body for less price than Mathieu wanted. Hal retired, so they are a little short on Safeties. But i expect they will add one if not more in the later parts of the draft or pick out some guys in UDFA.

After last year's draft signings (and with limited amount of picks for Gaine's first draft as a Texan), I am hopeful that this will turn out to be a decent year. Will they win more than 11 in 2019? depends. Its a tough schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTealHunter View Post
            Go Stars

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
              MacDaddy67 are you a Buckeye???
              Buckeye fan...my uncle coached with Woody Hayes in the late 70s..80s

Comment

I'm hoping my Cards take Q.Williams

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                  He’s REALLY small be interesting to see how his body holds up over time.
                  Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                  Isn't he identical to Russell Wilson's size, height, etc?
                  The eyeball test Murray just looks smaller

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                  I believe he is 5' 10" but his hand size is still 9 3/4" which is big for a kid his size.
                  Wilson 5’11” 206
                  Murray 5’10” 194

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                  Russell Wilson measured 5’10 5/8” in 2012 vs Kyler 5’10 1/8”.
                  Kyler will do just fine in the NFL
                  What about RT, RB, REC, Safety, TE ?

Here are both of their combine measurements

Height

Weight

Hand Size

Kyler Murray

5'10 1/8"

9 1/2"

Russell Wilson

5'10 5/8"

10 1/4"

Doug Flutie is still shorter than both

Comment

Buckeye fan...my uncle coached with Woody Hayes in the late 70s..80s
                    I'm from South east Ohio right on the river. Big fan also!

Comment

Originally posted by buckfan50 View Post
                      I'm from South east Ohio right on the river. Big fan also!
                      not many of us on here....dont reply on any of the college football threads...they will rip you to threads if you're not a TSIP fan...

Northeast Ohio here...right on Lake Erie, but I have been here 40 years now

Comment

not many of us on here....dont reply on any of the college football threads...they will rip you to threads if you're not a TSIP fan...

Northeast Ohio here...right on Lake Erie, but I have been here 40 years now
                        Whats a TSIP?

I live in the heart if Aggie country and I'm an LSU fan. Just have to let it roll of your shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                          I'm hoping my Cards take Q.Williams
                          My wife is from Phoenix (and Buffalo) and we lived there for 3 years after the Navy, so I have a soft spot for them. No matter what they do tonight they will blow up the daft lol. I think if it is not Murray then it is Bosa as they are moving to a 3-4 defense and have only had Nkemdiche for 3 unstable seasons. If he comes back and plays like he did last season then you have a top 10 DT in the NFL.

Comment

John Manziel going #1 to Cards .😬😜

Comment

You heard it here first...

The Cleveland Browns will be playing in the AFC Championship this year

Comment

I count 2, 3 if the a lot of wide outs get taken in the first round and Parris Campbell gets snagged late.. maybe the pats

Comment

Working...
                                X