Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any wonder why the Postal Service is Broke!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    You can call it outsource if you want, but generally there is a post office in every small town. UPS and Fed x? Not so much. They don’t have the resources for rural areas.

It’s cheaper in some cases to pay a postal employee to take packages to a rural area than have a ups employee. They have the resources but it’s cheaper to outsource to a 3rd party in that case. We specialize on bulk and high density areas. You can try an pub the post office all you want but that’s not the case sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      It’s cheaper in some cases to pay a postal employee to take packages to a rural area than have a ups employee. They have the resources but it’s cheaper to outsource to a 3rd party in that case. We specialize on bulk and high density areas. You can try an pub the post office all you want but that’s not the case sorry.

I don’t care who delivers my package, but I know ups or fed x doesn't have the resources for rural areas. Sorry...

Comment

I don’t care who delivers my package, but I know ups or fed x doesn't have the resources for rural areas. Sorry...
        And how do you KNOW This? Out of curiousity?

Comment

So, I mail a guy a bow Friday via USPS it arrives Monday. A bow gets shipped to me via UPS today, scheduled delivery Monday. So, post office is 2 days faster than UPS and both bows were crossing several state lines. So yeah, post office screws up occasionally, but i still get faster, cheaper, 6 days a week service from them. And to date no broken bows, can't say the same for UPS

GO Lance and the USPS team!!

Comment

And how do you KNOW This? Out of curiousity?
            They don’t deliver to me or folks I know in this area...

Comment

They don’t deliver to me or folks I know in this area...

Though you’re saying ups doesn’t have the resources....if you’d read what I’m saying is it’s not that ups doesn’t have the resources it’s that it’s a money loser to have a UPS driver drive to extremely rural areas therefor they OUTSOURCE to cheaper sources like USPS.... I’m not here to battle of the postal services I’m trying to help people understand why packages get all the way to their towns via ups then show delivered to the post office to be delivered. Take it for what it’s worth from someone in the know good night

Comment

Though you’re saying ups doesn’t have the resources....if you’d read what I’m saying is it’s not that ups doesn’t have the resources it’s that it’s a money loser to have a UPS driver drive to extremely rural areas therefor they OUTSOURCE to cheaper sources like USPS.... I’m not here to battle of the postal services I’m trying to help people understand why packages get all the way to their towns via ups then show delivered to the post office to be delivered. Take it for what it’s worth from someone in the know good night

So basically they don't have the resources? Gotcha!
                Once again, there is a post office in every town. There isn’t a ups or fed x in every town...Sleep tight!
                From someone in the know...

Comment

Any wonder why the Postal Service is Broke!!

Once again, there is a post office in every town. There isn’t a ups or fed x in every town...Sleep tight!

Lmao no troll It’s a money loser to deliver your mason jars to BFE therefor we’ll let the postal service take the loss, clearly you don’t know the difference between revenue and resources while your mom works for a dying business. Y’all have fun now [emoji1303]

Hence the numerous threads across the web about the complete failure we all call usps

But hey there’s one in every town just like the newspaper shows up to your mailbox but the internet doesn’t [emoji1787] now the internet has to give the news to bring to y’all cause the post office is such an awesome business model [emoji1787]

Want to talk about resources when one company loses billions a year vs one that profits billions a year. For a general contractor you sure are in the know of a lot of fields that you’ve never dealt with first hand [emoji2371]

Last edited by drop dead fred; 04-30-2019, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Choosing not to waste resources and not having the resources are different.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Thanks for clarifying.

No problem bud! [emoji1303]

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
                      Choosing not to waste resources and not having the resources are different.

Bingo!!

Comment

Fred is right. I'm brown also. Surepost was to help the post office. Many of ups trucks deliver gobs of packages daily to the local post office. From there the postal carriers will deliver them. It's not always about last mile delivery. Surepost service was also created so the post office was to not be considered a monopoly. Ie mail. They re the only people who service actual mail. Ups has its hands in a bit of everything. Another interesting fact is that ups owns most of the Amazon buildings, we own them as a real estate investment. Amazon benefits by getting to write off rent. We have so many hand shake agreements to generate money it's crazy. All the companies work together somehow.

Comment

Short version usps doesn’t deliver our stuff because they’re faster that’s laughable the reason usps deliver our “surepost” packages. Was a bailout package to keep the post office alive. If ups/fedex/Amazon decided to no longer out source to them the high volumes they’d be dead in a week.

Lmao no troll It’s a money loser to deliver your mason jars to BFE therefor we’ll let the postal service take the loss, clearly you don’t know the difference between revenue and resources while your mom works for a dying business. Y’all have fun now [emoji1303]

Hence the numerous threads across the web about the complete failure we all call usps

But hey there’s one in every town just like the newspaper shows up to your mailbox but the internet doesn’t [emoji1787] now the internet has to give the news to bring to y’all cause the post office is such an awesome business model [emoji1787]

Want to talk about resources when one company loses billions a year vs one that profits billions a year. For a general contractor you sure are in the know of a lot of fields that you’ve never dealt with first hand [emoji2371]

My mom has never had to deliver packages to make a living dumpling.
                          Nor has she ever worked for any type of delivery service. Not sure where your pea brain came up with that...

No matter how you want to spin it, ups could not deliver to rural areas... They don’t have the people or facilities...

Curious though...In one post you say the post office would go under if not for “surepost”, but in another post you say “we’ll let the postal service take the loss”. So which is it? Is ups, FedX, & amazon hurting or helping?
                          Last edited by Rubi513; 05-01-2019, 07:38 PM.

Comment

My mom has never had to deliver packages to make a living dumpling.

Nor has she ever worked for any type of delivery service. Not sure where your pea brain came up with that...

No matter how you want to spin it, ups could not deliver to rural areas... They don’t have the people or facilities...

Curious though...In one post you say the post office would go under if not for “surepost”, but in another post you say “we’ll let the postal service take the loss”. So which is it? Is ups, FedX, & amazon hurting or helping.

You’re right

Comment

You’re right

I know...

Comment

Working...
                              X