Best store bought BBQ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best store bought BBQ?

What's the best store bought charcoal bbq pit for $400 budget?

In the market and interested myself

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you looking for a smoker?

The weber smokey mountain is hard to beat.

Comment

academy has some decent ones for that price point. I got my smoker that I use the box as a charcoal grill for 399

Comment

Originally posted by scott1022 View Post
          What's the best store bought charcoal bbq pit for $400 budget?
          $99 barrel pits at HEB

Comment

If looking for a smoker I would choose the 22” weber Smokey mountain.

If looking for a grill I would get either a Weber Performer (comes with a side table) or the 26” weber grill.

You can smoke in the weber grills but the Weber Smokey Mountain is a little easier to control temps and can hold more meat when smoking.

If you get a weber grill, I would also look at getting the slow and sear from Adrenalin bbq as it is a great accessory for both grilling and smoking on a weber

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
              Are you looking for a smoker?

The weber smokey mountain is hard to beat.
              The main things that I will be cooking are: burgers, jalopeno deer poppers, chicken, country ribs, pork chops, steaks, etc... But having the option with a side smoker box would nice. I do eventually want to get into smoking meats.

Comment

The main things that I will be cooking are: burgers, jalopeno deer poppers, chicken, country ribs, pork chops, steaks, etc... But having the option with a side smoker box would nice. I do eventually want to get into smoking meats.
                Based on this I would go with an Old Smokey.

Comment

For a charcoal grill, the Old Smokey is great. Will hold heat forever, portable, and come in many sizes. Can be had at Walmart or even HEB VERY reasonably. Burgers, steaks, chicken (indirect heat), etc.

For your budget, you can almost have an Old Smokey for grilling AND a Weber Smokey Mountain for smoking. From everything I've ready regarding the Smoky Mountain, they are very easy to regulate temp. That's really what it's all about, smoking-wise.
                  Last edited by BlackHogDown; 04-23-2019, 06:53 AM.

Comment

$100

Comment

Best store bought BBQ?

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                      Based on this I would go with an Old Smokey.

https://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/old...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

I'm currently using an old Smoky, but I need something with more surface area. Cooking for Easter, I had 2 batches of poppers and 2 batches of burgers... That took way too long. Which lead me to think it's time to get a better BBQ pit.
                      Last edited by scott1022; 04-23-2019, 06:27 AM.

Comment

you r not bbqing you need a grill

Comment

I use my Weber Performer for everything. Have smoked a full packer brisket, wings, steaks, ribs, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm currently using an old Smoky, but I need something with more surface area. Cooking for Easter, I had 2 batches of poppers and 2 batches of burgers... That took way too long. Which lead me to think it's time to get a better BBQ pit.
                            In that case I would go with the barrel pit from HEB. Lots of room and perfect for grilling steaks, burgers, ribs, chicken, or poppers. I think they are like $99.

Comment

Working...
                            X