No announcement yet.

Anybody like eating carp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carp is pretty good. We had it as a Coubiyon. Pretty good eating. I haven't had one in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason85 View Post
      Isn't that the truth! They eat some strange things. My wife works by China town and we occasionally shop in the Asian markets. I know where to get soft shell turtles and frogs if your looking!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
      Jusgo Market on Bellaire?

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
        Jusgo Market on Bellaire?
        No, this was a brand new store called greatwall supermarket. Its in a new shopping center right there at beltway 8 and bellaire. Iv been to jusgo and they have all sorts of live stuff. They had small live sturgeon the last time I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
          The acid in from the citrus cooks it. Not a big deal.
          Not quite. Freshwater fish carry tapeworm larva, which are not killed by the acid in ceviche. https://honest-food.net/ceviche-reci...y-parasites-2/

Can be made safe with a long trip in a cold freezer, but still not for me. And this is from a guy that brings sushi rice and soy sauce on the boat for an offshore trip.

Comment

Never ate it.
            Not that I would be against trying it, just never crossed my mind as something to do.

Comment

I've eaten a bunch of carp. They're pretty much the garbanzo bean of fish.

Comment

Had some kind of carp in Beijing once and it was one of the best meals I had when I was there... Went with some "locals" and they ordered everything... Tried it back home here in Houston where you can get some of the best Chinese food on the planet... it didn't go so well... Never tried it again.

Like others have posted, there are too many other good fish available to eat for me to have to eat carp... Bout as close as I'll ever get will be to cut it up and turn it into a blue cat...

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                  Depends on the species. Grass carp are very good eating.
                  ^^^THIS^^^

Used to catch them on Tender-chunks dog food...it stays on the hook fairly well. They put up a great fight and often jump.

Comment

When I was younger, my dad would gut & scale them. Then my mom would cook them in a pressure cooker and can them with tomato sauce.

My dad and I would take a jar with us when we would go fishing and eat them on crackers.
                    They were a tasty lil treat, taste like tuna fish but much cheaper.

Comment

Pressure cooked just like salmon made into paddies and fried not to bad.

Comment

They don't even make good bait. imo

Comment

Think I'll pass....

Comment

Working...
                          X