No announcement yet.

I have joined the CBD oil crowd - Anxiety

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My wife’s Doctors office has started selling CBD oil. They offered it to her and she doesn’t have epilepsy. It’s supposed to be high quality, but now I wonder if it’s true CBD oil. You would think a doctor would be selling the real thing. Going off the past few posts it may be hemp oil, but they are saying it’s CBD.

Comment

All the shops are saying it's CBD oil. There is no law against misleading a potential customer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

She got a brochure for it. The manufacturer is “Green Roads”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I haven't bought any of the "hemp oil" stuff sold in stores here, does the stuff y'all are buying spell out the CBD content on the bottle?

Comment

Originally posted by WTucker View Post
            She got a brochure for it. The manufacturer is “Green Roads”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            No THC. Hemp oil. It has to say full spectrum cbd tincture.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
              I called a friend of mine who works at a grow/dispensary in Oklahoma. He said hemp oil even though it has a THC content below .35% it does have medicinal properties. The catch is it must be truly hemp oil. Many sold are not.
              Obviously he would know more than us. I'm just going off my research and what I have read.

CBD tincture has more medicinal value than any hemp oil. A year ago a quick google search revealed that hemp oil had NO medicinal value whatsoever. Now that the shops are popping up everywhere it has "some" medicinal value. Lol.

Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 04-23-2019, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                No THC. Hemp oil. It has to say full spectrum cbd tincture.

Thanks BOB. We will probably pass on it. It wasn’t cheap and was progressively more expensive with each strength you buy. I think there was 3 strengths.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                  CBD is found in hemp as well as marijuana. It is my understanding that some producers use hemp-derived CBD which would have 0 chance of having THC in it. Others derive it from marijuana but still guarantee 0% THC. I’d be more cautious with the stuff that is made from marijuana.
                  Exactly!!

THC is in the marijuana plant, NOT in the hemp plant. CBD is in both plants, but there is less of it in the hemp plant.

There is a difference between Hemp Oil and CBD Oil. CBD is not legal to purchase or possess in Texas. Several "health" stores had it pulled off their shelves. Hemp oil (derived from the hemp plant, absolutely zero THC) is legal in Texas and everywhere.

Hemp Oil = absolute zero THC, never had any to begin with and a lower amount of CBD

CBD Oil = processed from marijuana to remove the THC which still will contain trace amounts of THC but has more CBD than Hemp Oil.

Comment

The CBD oils you buy at everyday stores are not the real stuff unless it came from out of state. "Medicinal CBD" will have a slight percentage of THC, but in most states you will need a medical card to get the Medicinal CBD. It is my understanding the percentage of THC will not be enough to fail a drug test and for sure does not have any side effects of the real THC marijuana. I can only speak on behalf of Louisiana which will in the next couple months be selling Medicinal CBD tinctures at specifically designated stores who have been given permits by the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Obviously he would know more than us. I'm just going off my research and what I have read.

CBD tincture has more medicinal value than any hemp oil. A year ago a quick google search revealed that hemp oil had NO medicinal value whatsoever. Now that the shops are popping up everywhere it has "some" medicinal value. Lol.

He explained it to me like this. If he smoked a hemp joint or used the oil with less than .35% THC his aches and pains would be gone but with a totally clear head. If he took CBD with THC it doesn’t have the same anti inflammatory effects, more psychotropic effects.

Comment

Technically water has "some" medicinal value so the claims on hemp seem placebo-ish.....like many homeopathic concoctions. .......but I'm no expert..

Comment

I have had bad Liver numbers for years and years. They call it Fatty Liver, started taking CBD oil after reading some studies out of Australia helping restore liver health quicker than normal regrowth and restoration. Started about 35 days ago and did a my quarterly blood test last week and my liver enzymes were pretty dramatically better. I asked the doc if he thought it could be the CBD oil and his comment was, "have you changed anything else", nope. Then its probably the CBD. That being said my overall joint pain is pretty much gone as well. I am well on my way to being a strong believer. JMO. Not to hijack just wanted to share.

Comment

Also he just shipped $400 dollars worth through the mail to Richardson, Texas If it has less than .35% THC it’s legal.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                              He explained it to me like this. If he smoked a hemp joint or used the oil with less than .35% THC his aches and pains would be gone but with a totally clear head. If he took CBD with THC it doesn’t have the same anti inflammatory effects, more psychotropic effects.
                              That is incorrect. Full spectrum CBD tincture has less than 3% THC and has ZERO intoxicating effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                Technically water has "some" medicinal value so the claims on hemp seem placebo-ish.....like many homeopathic concoctions. .......but I'm no expert..
                                I have read that hemp oil "can" help with pain but has none of the other medicinal values of real CBD oil. This claim only started after the stores started popping up everywhere. Coincidence?

Comment

Working...
                                X