• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bust
    Out
    Another
    Thousand

Comment

I would look for a slightly used one that is already rigged out, but to answer your question if you do finance make sure it's for a short period.

Comment

Finance for a short period ,,will be very beneficial !!!

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
          I would look for a slightly used one that is already rigged out, but to answer your question if you do finance make sure it's for a short period.
          This is what I was thinking..... a 2 yr old boat will have more stuff on it and you're letting someone else take a lot of the hit.

Comment

Originally posted by ace340cs View Post
            Finance for a short period ,,will be very beneficial !!!
            yes...it will be very beneficial to the person that buys it from you used

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
              yes...it will be very beneficial to the person that buys it from you used
              Lol, I bought a boat from a guy that had a lien on it and it was a pain in the azz getting the paperwork transferred. I just paid off what he owed on it but dang it was two days at the TPWD office in San Antonio and I had to bring the owner with me.

Comment

I bought two bass boats and just made the payments out of tournament winnings. Paid them both off early. Financing was easy. However if I were to buy another it would be used as now it would just be to fun fish and that is a lot of money for a few fillets.

Gary

Comment

Check Lightstream.com for a financing option. They offered the best rates when we financed part of our pool build. Everything was done online and approval was fast.

Comment

If per chance you happen to have some CDs set aside for retirement, you might could use them for collateral to buy your boat. You get a better interest rate, plus, if you make your payments and pay it off you still earn your interest on your CD. I also suggest buying used. Should be lots of good deals coming up this spring. Think hard on it. You’ll use it a lot less than you think. Boats are a hole in the water where you dump money. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      Biggest problem with both of the boats you are considering is they do not hold value very well even by boat standards.

Look at the used market for both of those boats and draw your own conclusion. I would continue to save and buy one of those 2 boats used for 6-8K.
                      Agree.

But, the first boat I bought new was a 18' xpress bought for 15k in 2006 sold for 12,500 in 2014. In 2014 I put 1500 down on a 21' center console then threw 10k at the note 2 months later my credit didn't see an impact

In my experience I haven't had an issue getting financed for two new boats. And this whole bust out another thousand junk must be for people who bought 1989 bayliners with 75hp force engines. Don't buy crap, take care of your ride and boat ownership is not the PIA people make it out to be.

Regards, my yammer hammer ran like a scaled ape last week after sitting on the trailer since October

Comment

Originally posted by austinmike View Post
                        My credit score is 720 I been thinking of trying to get financed on a new tracker 1860 with a 90hp or a mako pro 17 with a 75hp
                        Bit boats are about 22,000 I got 4,000 to put down

I hear boats are hard to get financed I was thinking of going to my bank first

What do you guys think
                        What other debt debts do you have?

How much cash reserves will you still have after putting down the $4K?

I don't finance toys.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Just buy it and enjoy it!!!!

Comment

I don't understand sitting at the house wishing you could go fishing just because you can't pay cash for a boat. Life is way too short to sit around and wish..
                              I finance my boats through my credit union. I call and tell her what I want to buy she emails the paperwork to me and I sign on line.. I've never had a problem with a new or used boat.

One thing I would pay attention to is resale value. I've never had a problem selling a boat as long as it's a desirable boat..

Comment

I've owned 3 boats. I've realized it's cheaper in the long run to just book guided trips. Plus typically alot more catching on guided trips. My boats never got used like I thought they would, then when I did go out i didnt know where the fish where or what pattern they were on. I'd catch some fish but again not like a good guide that spends every day on the water and has the fish dialed in.

But ya, life is short, do what makes you happy, everyone ****** money off on stupid stuff. All what matters is that your enjoying life and living it how you want.

Comment

Working...
                                X