Would you actually KAP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
    I only run my feeders from August to February the only difference i see when they aren't running is they stop coming to the feeders. They don't leave my place.

And yes push the dang button
    Winter, toughest time for piglet survival. You're making it easy on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
      I wouldn't. I've dealt with damage they can do but I enjoy hunting them as much as any other creature. They are smart animals and can be a good challenging bow/gun hunt. They eat well also.

What me said.[emoji115][emoji115][emoji115][emoji115]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Stop feeding corn. There's a reason Texas has such a pig problem, and it ain't the pigs.
        Why not just have pens to keep the pigs out? That's what most of us do if we want to just feed the deer. Personally the deer eat the vast majority of the corn at my feeders with and without pens. The pigs get scraps. Most pigs we kill have bellies filled with grass.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Rest assured Im not one of those guys. On 3 occasions this year I shot into groups of 10-15 pigs. Once 7 times, another was 8 or 9 and the last was 13. I only found like 4 dead ones but remember that many limpers. Buzzards and worms gotta eat too
          Sounds like you're doing your part. I don't hunt them as much as I should, but the trouble is, once you start putting some hurt on them they start moving in the wee hours when I'm asleep At my age, I just ain't too keen on 3:00 am ambushes....

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Winter, toughest time for piglet survival. You're making it easy on them.
            Most of my feeders are penned. All that does is keep them away from the feeders. It doesn't do squat about all the rooting, blowing through my perimeter fence, and eating my food plots. This is a pic in a wheat plot, no corn involved.
            Attached Files

Comment

No. They are a vital free range emergency situation food source. If the economy tanked tomorrow....and rolling to the grocery store was SOL - God Bless hogs!

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                There are thousands of us who know what we are doing and could put a serious hurt on the population.
                What does what I posted have to do with helicopters?

He is likely referring to this part of your original post, because shooting them out of helicopters is the only way to "put a serious hurt" on the hog population and that only works in certain parts of the state.

Comment

African swine fever, Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea, or something will eventually happen...

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Most of my feeders are penned. All that does is keep them away from the feeders. It doesn't do squat about all the rooting, blowing through my perimeter fence, and eating my food plots. This is a pic in a wheat plot, no corn involved.
                    Yuk you're infested but that looks like a barrel of fun waiting to happen. I wonder if the smell of corn in an area keeps them nearby. I've been on friends family land who don't hunt so don't feed and they rarely see hog sign yet neighbors complain about being overrun. Although wheat is obviously good food for them, not sure what you can do about that except for claymore mines. Lots of these other guys don't have the wheat though and hogs stick around due to the bait they put out.

Comment

300 million pounds of deer corn sold in Texas per year (number from 2000) Or, about 1100 lbs per square mile.

That has to have an effect on pig numbers.

Comment

Nope

Comment

No way would I get rid of pigs. It’s my favorite hunting. Heck, I wouldn’t even hunt anymore if it weren’t for pigs. They tear my pasture up but it just gives me an excuse to ride the tractor and drink beer to fix it.

I rather you poison all the deer than the hogs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ætheling View Post
                            Is there a Christian one?

Don’t know, I’m not Christian

Just happen to be a guy that ain’t fond of fundamentalist Islam

Problem with that?

Comment

What does what I posted have to do with helicopters?
                              You said y’all could put a serious hurt on the population. I don’t believe you unless you have a helicopter or maybe some good hog dogs.

Comment

Much rather have turkeys!

Comment

Working...
                                X