Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

no, but i kill every pig i can.

Comment

I would much rather punch a javelina button. Those things are worse. Dont cause as much damage but they will wipe out a sendero full of corn just as fast. And they don't eat well. Unless you like Corona beer. Tastes about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
        Anyone who owns the land they hunt would easily say YES.
        Wrong.

and nope. But you all knew that.

Comment

YUUPP

But then you know something would take their place

Comment

As a matter of principle, and what is best for farmers and native wildlife, I vote yes.

As far as personally what I want for myself, no. But what is best, overrides what I want. Kill them all.

Comment

Is there a Muslim button?

Comment

The bait had to be improved to hold together better, in other words no crumbs. Seems to be no problems with the feeder system of bait. Let's see if it is available next year and how they will issue permits.

The farm bill congress and Trump approved had a 100 million dollars set aside for hog eradication in the US. Crop insurance does not cover hog damage, if insurance had to pay for damage the hogs would have been gone by now.

On a side note, I would have liked to be the vendor that got the contract to trap hogs on Dallas city property. A mere 350,000.00 to trap hogs for 3 years.

Comment

One other thing, dont think the poison will kill all the pigs. There has been rat poison available for hundreds of years and we still got rats.

Comment

You'd be wrong. My family owns the land we hunt on and has since 1971. We haven't had pigs the entire time. Are they a PIA? Yes. BUT, I would not kill every **** one of them. If I could slow them down would I? Absolutely.

IMO simply wiping them from the earth could be a bad a thing. Mother nature don't like you doing stuff like that. Look at the hydrilla Conroe used to have for instance. They killed it all and brought in 'sterile carp' then the fishing went to crap. Sure the lake has rebounded but it took years

Comment

for sure!

Comment

Yes maybe but I sure like Sausage almost free...and then I would be paying more than 5.99 at HEB.

Comment

No

Comment

Anyone saying no is an idiot. And I mean that in the nicest way.

Yes, I'd push that button in a heartbeat!!

Comment

I do own the land. Sometimes the hogs win a temporary victory but they always lose the war. I get rewarded by getting to hunt all year long. Well worth it to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                You'd be wrong. My family owns the land we hunt on and has since 1971. We haven't had pigs the entire time. Are they a PIA? Yes. BUT, I would not kill every **** one of them. If I could slow them down would I? Absolutely.

IMO simply wiping them from the earth could be a bad a thing. Mother nature don't like you doing stuff like that. Look at the hydrilla Conroe used to have for instance. They killed it all and brought in 'sterile carp' then the fishing went to crap. Sure the lake has rebounded but it took years
                                Apples and oranges. An invasive species was used to eradicate an invasive species in your example. Of course, I could see how those of you who want pigs may be an invasive species....

Comment

Working...
                                X