Would you actually KAP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunting4fun View Post
    People have been saying that for decades. My everyone's math we should have 1 trillion pigs.
    30 yrs ago I had a sales territory that pretty much covered the eastern half of Texas. Virtually no one ever talked about having hogs except in Far East and NE Texas. Now they’re pretty much every where in the state. That is a HUGE change in 30 years.

We own the land we hunt on. I love to hunt/trap hogs. Love to eat them too. Yes, I’d push the button.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

30 years ago I grew up hunting Zavala county and we had tons of them, killed them all the time as a kid. Now I've talked to a few people hunting the same area on the Nueces and it's about the same.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        Stop feeding corn. There's a reason Texas has such a pig problem, and it ain't the pigs.

So if we don't put out deer corn the pig population will disappear?

Comment

Hog hunting is one of my favorite past times, other than trolling TBH threads. I would cry if someone truly KAP.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
            Stop feeding corn. There's a reason Texas has such a pig problem, and it ain't the pigs.
            I’ve wondered before how much baiting has to do with the proliferation of hogs. Baiting wildlife simply isn’t a sound practice or being a good steward of your land.

A lot of hogs have also been spread by a**holes with trailers throughout the years. It should be a felony to transport them.

We don’t have them where I live, but they sure have spread out and caused some problems in AR in the last 10-20 years.

I’d push the button, for sure. So many people just don’t understand what kind of impact feral hogs have on native ecosystems.

Comment

In a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                So if we don't put out deer corn the pig population will disappear?
                I believe it would be the fastest and cheapest way to drop significant numbers. In an open feeding situation a vast majority of corn goes to non target (if deer are the target) species. We keep their body scores good enough that even on a poor forage year we allow them 2 litters and bigger litters. Mother Nature won’t allow them to thrive if conditions don’t allow them to thrive.

We are 100% our own worst enemy, And I don’t have the magic solution or answer for it. Feeding corn in Texas will never stop... ever

Comment

Yes, In a heart beat. Don’t get me wrong I love hunting them as much as the next guy, but it’s a constant battle keeping them from destroying our hay fields.

Comment

No. They don't really bother us on our land, but we do have a pretty strong population. We run cattle and we don't plant any crops. So, there impact on our property is little to none. Plus, they are really fun to hunt.

Comment

I have been able to keep hogs out of Mercedes farmland so far. I’ve killed several groups that showed up. I have several pairs of Javalina running around. I fear hogs getting established nearby

Comment

absolutely yes!

Comment

No. Too much fun to shoot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slayer View Post
                            I would say NO. The farmers that complain are the same ones that want $300 a gun for two pigs, or no they dont want any hunting on their property. Dont even start with me about dumb asses and what they might do. There are thousands of us who know what we are doing and could put a serious hurt on the population.
                            Didn't realize that many TBHers owned helicopters.

Comment

No, but I'd do it for mosquitoes. If such a button exists, I'm ready.

Comment

No

Comment

Working...
                                X