No announcement yet.

Funeral Home hiring ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a cousin that owns 2 in Florida. His whole family works there and they make some great money!

Comment

Dead end job

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
        Sorry for hijacking your thread Kurt. At least the thread is still alive and well.
        Thank Bobby for the laugh.

I know it's not for everyone, but it's good money. They need delivery drivers for all over the state. It's a big operation, they have numerous contracts with different agency's and counties. If you like to drive, and can handle it, it pays good.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
          I did this for a part time job when I was in school in New York... It does take a special attitude and mind set to be able to do it... Let me just say, I got as big an "education" working at the funeral home as I did in school... Education on real life situations or should I say dying situations! Once went on a "removal" for a guy who was found dead in his 4th floor apartment in August with no air conditioning... been dead for 3 weeks... That was a fun one...

Did more than one funeral with an empty casket because the body wasn't "ready" yet...

Dug a guy up once in a cemetery that had been buried for 7 years... Was a retired Air Force guy.. Wife had a falling out with the local church and was moving from Long Island to El Paso, Texas. She had her husband dug up and we shipped him "Delta-Dash" from La Guardia to El Paso Texas!

Hardest for me were the ones involving children... Worst was a 7 year old little girl... That little casket to this day puts a big old lump in my throat... don't think I could do that sort of thing today some 40 years later...

Yup, the stories I can tell. Been a funeral director in Texas for 30 years. Attics in August are no fun.

Comment

Grandma used to tell me stories how they would keep the dead in the home and accept visitors until the funeral. Someone would be with the body all night to guard off the cats and other animals. NOPE! F that

Comment

Working...
            X