X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
    Rangers used the 8th pick on 3b Josh Jung from Texas Tech

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome! That dude can bring the pain with his bat!

Comment

I wonder how likely he is to sign?

Comment

Haven't heard anything about it being a challenge to sign Jung.

With their first 3 picks they ended up with the 2 Co-Big 12 players of the year and the PAC 12 pitcher of the year. They definitely went with a different approach to this draft.

Comment

Originally posted by cookemerkel View Post
          I could see them doing a little of both. Doubt they do anything drastic though.

*Unless they are blown away by offers on Minor and Lynn.

Draft starts tonight. Rangers pick at 8, 41 and 50.

At the beginning of the season I figured they would definitely be sellers if any of their rehab veterans panned out. Now I’m not so sure. Listening to MLB radio yesterday and they were making a strong case for the Rangers being the best landing spot for Keuchel on a one year deal to help shore up the starting rotation. Going to be an interesting summer.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
            At the beginning of the season I figured they would definitely be sellers if any of their rehab veterans panned out. Now I’m not so sure. Listening to MLB radio yesterday and they were making a strong case for the Rangers being the best landing spot for Keuchel on a one year deal to help shore up the starting rotation. Going to be an interesting summer.

The Rangers have had an incredibly weak schedule dust far… I think the schedule will sort a lot of this out before the deadline. I think Keuchel is going to have a few choices, and I don’t think he would pick the Rangers, at least I hope he doesn’t.

Comment

Dk is going to be a yankee...
              Last edited by systemnt; 06-04-2019, 09:30 AM.

Comment

After hearing a discussion last year in which it was pointed out that a MLB drafted player has a 3% chance of making it to the Big Club, i pretty much don't worry about draft picks until they make it to The Show. Any Ranger fans remember Jairo Beras (latin american signing but the same principal)? We'll see if any of these draftees have anything in a few years. Or, we won't.

It's going to be an interesting few weeks. The schedule is what it is. JD has to figure out if the limited success this year is schedule, players playing above their heads (Pence), or what. As it is now, i'd be more inclined to trade for younger, MLB ready, talent. Easier said than done. I surely wouldn't give players like Mike Minor away for a pittance.

Interesting discussion on the radio this morning about Odor's future. Again, it will be an interesting few days / weeks.

Comment

Go ahead and give Smyly the hook before it’s 10-1 and we’re completely out of it in the 2nd.

Comment

Smyly is just plain bad.

Comment

Smyly sucks so bad

Comment

So does that 2nd base ump

Comment

Get a run and the spare scab gives it right back

Comment

Well..........Carpenter sure seems to be a good addition

Freaking MEAT pitch!!

Comment

I'm done tonight. I'd rather watch the ladies's softball world series than this ****show..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                                I'm done tonight. I'd rather watch the ladies's softball world series than this ****show..
                                Something bad happen?

Comment

Working...
                                X