No announcement yet.

2nd official 2019 Texas Rangers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error by M’s catcher plates 2 runs early. I’ll take that start.

Comment

Hopefully J. Chavez can hold the fort.

Comment

That was the best inning I’ve ever seen Chavez pitch.... and now he’s gone? What did I miss?

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          That was the best inning I’ve ever seen Chavez pitch.... and now he’s gone? What did I miss?
          He was the 'opener'. It seems to be Chavez designated role, at least for now. Seems stupid when the opener has a great inning and then gets pulled. I'm not sure how i feel about the strategy. Especially when Sampson follows and puts the first two guys on.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
            He was the 'opener'. It seems to be Chavez designated role, at least for now. Seems stupid when the opener has a great inning and then gets pulled. I'm not sure how i feel about the strategy. Especially when Sampson follows and puts the first two guys on.
            Yep I’m still on the fence and actually have to give Jason Smart credit for informing me of this. Supposedly Woodward’s strategy is to reduce the amount of times that the starter sees the first 4 hitters of a lineup. I think he’s just doing it with Sampson knowing he’s probably not going to get a lot of innings out of his starts regardless. Or maybe it’s...I will just start with my reliever to see how crappy they are going to be before I waste a good outing from a starter.

Comment

Atta boy Maz!! Big fly 4-0 Rangers

Comment

They let him pitch 2 last week, as the opener.

I can see no reason not to let him try to pitch another if he’s got control, and is being effective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gonna need more runs the way Sampson looked in the 3rd.

Comment

There’s a couple of more runs. Hunter seeing the ball well. M’s going to bullpen already.

Comment

Hunter Pence appears to be taking a club to the plate each time, and just bludgeoning the ball around various parks...it’s a very “caveman like” approach, and it’s bad ***!

Comment

THAT...would be a jimmy jack!

Comment

The Condor crushes that ball!!! Goodness [emoji15] 11-0!

Comment

Holy $&@#

That was a bomb!!!

Comment

I’m gonna go look in my back yard tomorrow and see if it landed back there

Comment

Sampson does suck.... so we gonna need mo runs

Comment

Working...
                                X