Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back in the tree this morning in cherry springs. Thank god the wind laid down. Crisp 40 degrees. Target buck showed up yesterday during my hunt but took off before I had a chance. All the deer were super spooky due to the wind yesterday. He came back last night for a snack...let’s hope he shows up again this morning. [emoji1018][emoji1018][emoji1662]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

All settled in my ground blind, I haven’t been out here since opening weekend. I almost got two coyotes with my truck on the way in this morning, I hate those things. I put out 50 pounds of corn and then moved my truck 500 yards or so away. By the time I made it to the blind I already had a young buck on the corn. Hopefully they are moving this morning! It was nice to drive in mud this morning rather than dust!

Comment

Three bucks on the corn already, I can tell two are mature, but not sure who they are yet. C’mon daylight!

Comment

Good Luck Everyone!

Comment

Comal county... Zero deer movement yet

This used to be an EARLY morning stand but now seems to be turning into a 9 o'clock spot.

May tickle the horns

Comment

I’ve had 7 bucks come through so far, one being my target buck. First time to ever lay eyes on him in two years. He stuck his nose to the ground and checked out the doe that was at feeder as well. I’ve also seen some sparring and a buck making a scrape. Not a bad morning! Now that I have camera light I need the better bucks to come back in.

Comment

Had a deer with a GIANT body walk the downwind side of the place at 80 yards... Just got a glimpse but really big body and solo... So I think a be uck trying to wind down at the feeder... Which I have none today so I didn't get to see what he was

Comment

The wind has changed a little so I moved to a different blind this afternoon. Hopefully it’ll be a good decision.

Comment

Back in for one last sit. Where did all this wind come from? Guess it’s just that time of year when the weather can’t make its mind up. Cherry Springs Gillespie County

Comment

Originally posted by jetboysixx View Post
                      Back in for one last sit. Where did all this wind come from? Guess it’s just that time of year when the weather can’t make its mind up. Cherry Springs Gillespie County

Yes sir, windy in Loyal Valley as well

Comment

42 and calm in sw San Saba county. Very little movement around feeders. Ground is carpeted in acorns and plenty left on the trees. Things have greened up some from the recent rains too.

Comment

This is how my weekend went

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                            https://youtu.be/AbfKHNcxrl4

Oh man....Sorry for your luck !

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                              https://youtu.be/AbfKHNcxrl4

Man that is a one in a million shot. Shot placement looked destined for the deadly V and a quick kill. The combination of his head being down, and his drop made his elbow drop and kick back right into your arrow. I honestly thought that a broad head moving that fast would have sliced/deflected right through that and kept on going.

Comment

Yes sir you would think but the tip was smashed in like when it hits a solid surface with just some hair and a few drops of blood. The good news is he should be fine. Half an inch up or to the left and that buck would have been dead but everything happens for a reason I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X