Where does the wussification end!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where does the wussification end!?

So we signed our step daughter up for soccer league here in town. I found it odd when they asked us how many goals she made last year when we signed her up (she’s really good). We informed them then we go to our first practice and it comes out that they broke up the high scoring players, and wouldn’t allow a team to have x amount of good players. Then to top it off we get this text today before the game tomorrow... needless to say this will be our last year in this league. I’m all for everyone playing, but these rules stunt any child that enjoys the competitiveness of sports. If you’re good you essentially can’t play and NO COACHING I’m flabbergasted how did we get here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's been coming for a while now. Everyone gets a trophy

Comment

I wouldn't give it a game much less a year

Comment

We had coaches throw a fit the other day because we played our 1st and 3rd basemen 2 steps in front of the baseline. They said we were "crowding the hitter", so they changed the rules that you can't line up more than two steps in front of the baseline.

My son (1st base) will be 3 steps in front of the baseline to start the game tonight

Comment

I would ask for a refund and find another league. I refuse to put my kid in a league that gives losers a trophy. It doesn't teach correct principles of life.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

That league is not for you, it's for those that just want some kids to get exercise and such. Unfortunately you found out a little late.
            edit: I'm not sure how you limit goals though. If you get to 3 then what? I guess call it game over maybe? Can't have kids running around kicking a ball at nothing.

Comment

Civil Wat II
              The Rapture

Comment

Don't know what you expected with FFPS. This has been around since my 20 year old was little. Well known that it's a joke.

Comment

lol my wife said “note to self never put you in the group chat” [emoji1787][emoji2371]

Comment

Originally posted by Sticks&Strings View Post
                    I would ask for a refund and find another league. I refuse to put my kid in a league that gives losers a trophy. It doesn't teach correct principles of life.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                    I 100% agree with this. I would have never signed my kids up for some crap like this.

Comment

what age kid are we talking?

Comment

One reason I quit coaching my boys teams in any local organized youth program. We will pay to play in a competitive league if they decide they want to play again.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                          lol my wife said “note to self never put you in the group chat” [emoji1787][emoji2371]
                          That's a win in my book right there. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                            We had coaches throw a fit the other day because we played our 1st and 3rd basemen 2 steps in front of the baseline. They said we were "crowding the hitter", so they changed the rules that you can't line up more than two steps in front of the baseline.

My son (1st base) will be 3 steps in front of the baseline to start the game tonight

Comment

I’m in the coaches group text, my wife made the coach take me out of the parents group text…[emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                              X