No announcement yet.

Teacher pay raises

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our Superintendent us just sent out an email with a video that confirmed what I posted above in #403. Para's will get 5% of the middle of their pay grade and Admin will get 3%. Sure did not say anything about the folks at Central Office that got between $5000 and $20,000 raises last year according to some of the Teacher Associations. Do not know if that is true on raises for the folks at CO.

Thanks for the raise, but it would have been nice to have been more. It will not really show at paycheck time when everything is taken out, especially when the insurance premiums go up for those that have to us the school insurance which is absolutely pitiful!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
      Our Superintendent us just sent out an email with a video that confirmed what I posted above in #403. Para's will get 5% of the middle of their pay grade and Admin will get 3%. Sure did not say anything about the folks at Central Office that got between $5000 and $20,000 raises last year according to some of the Teacher Associations. Do not know if that is true on raises for the folks at CO.

Thanks for the raise, but it would have been nice to have been more. It will not really show at paycheck time when everything is taken out, especially when the insurance premiums go up for those that have to us the school insurance which is absolutely pitiful!
      A whole lot of legislative hubris that results in not a whole lot of additional coin in the pockets of teachers (health insurance increases again). The school finance system is completely broken and nothing is going to be done about it for at least two more years....

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        Here is another problem that some may not realize. If you have worked a job that paid into SS snd then became a teacher, when you qualify for SS snd tor TRS retirement, they consider that double dipping and will dock your SS payments depending on how much you get from your TRS retirement.

Like it or not the teachers such as myself are the ones that spend more time with your kid when they are awake during the week than you probably do. We can shape your kid, good or bad so what would you want as a parent, someone that wants your kid to succeed or someone that does mot give a crap. Pay can determine the ones that want To do the right thing. In MHO a good salary can be a positive to your kids success!
        TRS also docks payments due to SS. You don't get full benefit from either one. Ask my wife.

Comment

Pretty sad when a 5-7% raise is considered the best ever.

I am glad they gave raises but it's no different than most low paying jobs that pay minimum wage where new employees almost make the same as ones that have been there 3-10 years.

My wife should be getting a 7% raise. Will be year 9 teaching. A new teacher will start at more than she made in any of the first 8 years. She will make roughly 5% more than a new teacher.

Just the way it works. Back to complaining so in 5-10 years they can get another awesome 5-7% raise LOL

But I am glad they got something more than usual.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Pretty sad when a 5-7% raise is considered the best ever.

I am glad they gave raises but it's no different than most low paying jobs that pay minimum wage where new employees almost make the same as ones that have been there 3-10 years.

My wife should be getting a 7% raise. Will be year 9 teaching. A new teacher will start at more than she made in any of the first 8 years. She will make roughly 5% more than a new teacher.

Just the way it works. Back to complaining so in 5-10 years they can get another awesome 5-7% raise LOL

But I am glad they got something more than usual.
            No freaking kidding! We just got an email from our superintendent that our district was going to be 'frugal' in dishing out a raise because at this point, no one knows what will happen after a few years. We have been in a salary freeze for the last 4 years, so the thought of a 'frugal' raise is BS and seems like a justification to basically keep our salaries from drastically changing for the next several years.

My resignation was approved last week and I can only say I haven't been this happy in a lonnnnnng time. lol. I start my new job in the oil field tomorrow, working with some very close friends of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              No freaking kidding! We just got an email from our superintendent that our district was going to be 'frugal' in dishing out a raise because at this point, no one knows what will happen after a few years. We have been in a salary freeze for the last 4 years, so the thought of a 'frugal' raise is BS and seems like a justification to basically keep our salaries from drastically changing for the next several years.

My resignation was approved last week and I can only say I haven't been this happy in a lonnnnnng time. lol. I start my new job in the oil field tomorrow, working with some very close friends of mine.

I wonder if that superintendent’s salary is frugal?

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
                I wonder if that superintendent’s salary is frugal?
                0 to 4 year teachers here get a 5% raise, 5+ years get a 6%, but what gets me is they think that none of us will notice that the Admin will only get 3%. BUT at what some of the Admin get paid per year, their raise could very well be well be WAY over what teachers get money wise.

I am still happy with whatever we get and would still be employed even without the raise as next year will be my last. If I had stayed in the education business next year would be my 44th year. I would probably been retired by now, but it is what it is!

Comment

Working...
                X