Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gods Creation Taxidermy(still in business?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We need to start blowing up his facebook page.....

Comment

I’m not ready to massacre him but I do need to hear something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gods Creation Taxidermy(still in business?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no dog in this fight but a buddy got his deer back recently after 1.5 years. He said the guy is building a new shop and is way behind. I agree he should make contact with his customers

Comment

Originally posted by Smithwr View Post
            I have no dog in this fight but a buddy got his deer back recently after 1.5 years. He said the guy is building a new shop and is way behind. I agree he should make contact with his customers
            lots of things he has had for 2+ years per this thread....so he has either leapfrogged customers or is intending to screw them. He should rectify the issue in a timely manner, or his reputation and business should crumble. No excuse for unethical behavior.

Comment

I'm surprised that his resident fan boy hasn't been on here to defend him yet.

Believe it or not, taxidermists do have life events that affect their schedules, as does everyone.
              However, that's not an excuse for non, or poor communication.
              I hope you all get your stuff, in a "timely" manner.

Comment

Between my family and friends we have 4 bobcats (3 over 2years and one a year) and an antelope from Aug. I have stopped by multiple times to ask about the cats and they are "always next" or "a couple months out". The last time we were told about the new shop and it would be awhile. I hate that I recommended him to people after the amazing job he did on my buck and they are getting the bad end of this. His work is what gives me hope it turns around because they are the best cats I have seen.

Comment

Even after reading the complaints on this thread, the next WT I want to mount will be done by this taxidermist. He does the best work I've seen in a long, long time. Maybe the quality of his work has resulted in a huge influx of business. Yes, he should tell you its going to be two years or longer. He is a good guy. Maybe a poor administrator, I don't know. I do know, however, that he is one of the best taxidermists in North Texas.

Comment

Ok so he wont respond to my texts. calls, or emails. Any suggestions on how I can get my money and bobcat back? As I stated above I dropped off my cat and half the money in November 2016. Should I contact the game warden, police or is this a civil matter?

Comment

I do know he had some health issues last year. He has also moved into his new facility and hired a National Champion taxidermist to help him get caught up. Hopefully everyone will get what they paid for.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                        I'm surprised that his resident fan boy hasn't been on here to defend him yet.

Believe it or not, taxidermists do have life events that affect their schedules, as does everyone.
                        However, that's not an excuse for non, or poor communication.
                        I hope you all get your stuff, in a "timely" manner.
                        No question about it, and I would say just about all of us on the green screen are understanding of life issues. That said, life events have not been communicated. Only excuses have been supplied, so its hard after 2.5+ years to have any sort of understanding for the man. Even with a know "known" health issue popping up for him in the past month.

And just FYI, I expect most quality taxidermist to have a timeline of 1-1.5 years to return an animal that has been supplied. So patience, and definition of "timley", are not the issues here.

Comment

He may do amazing work, and that amazing work may have given him an influx of business he can't handle. Life may have got in the way, and those events may have seriously pushed his schedule back. It happens to everyone at some point.

None of those things are an excuse for what sound like outright lies and ignoring customers. It's disrespectful and crappy behavior. If you have health or family issues. You say just that. If you are busy, you say that. You don't lie or give empty promises you know you won't keep to people you took money from.

Comment

Originally posted by FamousAmos View Post
                            Even after reading the complaints on this thread, the next WT I want to mount will be done by this taxidermist. He does the best work I've seen in a long, long time. Maybe the quality of his work has resulted in a huge influx of business. Yes, he should tell you its going to be two years or longer. He is a good guy. Maybe a poor administrator, I don't know. I do know, however, that he is one of the best taxidermists in North Texas.
                            His work is ok. There are far better out there. Especially on cats. If you don’t believe me you can search for the one of mine I posted last year. I have yet to see any of his work that I would call amazing.

Comment

I looked at the building where his shop had been located and it looks like there is a new sign for a different business. Not 100% sure since I was driving by at 75 mph and they have a bunch of rental travel trailers blocking the signs.....

So it is likely he moved (or is moving) locations

Comment

Pretty sure a lot of us got scammed. He has no more store front, website is gone, and he won’t respond to calls emails or texts. Maybe I’m wrong but it ain’t looking good.

Comment

Working...
                                X