Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any LEO's willing to answer a few questions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UltraMax View Post
    If you’re torn between being a hose dragger or the popo, The truth is, the smoke eating pretty boys are winning. They get to watch tv, sleep, wear their comfy clothes, play video games and cook at work. They are reactive only and are not expected to be proactive. They literally don’t have to work (I don’t consider cleaning and washing trucks actually working in a public safety profession) until the bell goes off and THEN they have to dawn their hot uncomfortable protective clothing. We have to be out their patrolling for an entire shift.

With that being said I would never be a hose jockey.

As the popo, you have a lot more pressure. You’ll wear that uncomfortable protective clothing for a 12 hour shift, and it only protects your vitals from GUNFIRE, but not all gunfire. People give you crap for stopping and grabbing something to eat at a convenience store because you should be out “protecting.” Sure, occasionally you’ll make a difference but not very often.

If you want the glory, be a hose monkey. They are the ones wearing their “look I’m a fireman” shirts alongside their wives who are wearing their “look my husband is a fireman” shirts when off duty. Cops don’t do that.

If you can go through the day without being told thanks and be happy with the work you did with no affirmation, be the police. We, the police, are the real FIRST responders. I would not trade my career, I love being the police.
    You watch too much Chicago Fire.

Good luck in your pursuits! Some great advice offered here.

Comment

Originally posted by ON THE EDGE View Post
      You watch too much Chicago Fire.

Good luck in your pursuits! Some great advice offered here.
      Never have and never will watch a fireman show. Just my own observations from seeing hose monkeys doing their thing, nothing.

Comment

Working...
      X