No announcement yet.

Eye Surgery Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Luck...Hope it it is all you expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
      Y’all- this thread is killing me! I wonder why they told you lifting restrictions? If it’s regular custom lasik, we don’t actually go into the eye so there isn’t any chance of pressures spiking so you can lift stuff the next day. Shout out to my Patients on here by the way, love y’all and very grateful. People think it’s the eye you smell burning. It’s actually the gas from the laser, so it’s not your eye actually burning. The gas just stinks. The normal restrictions are: no swimming for 10 days, no shower for 24 hours, no sweat in your eyes for 3 days, no eye makeup for 4 days, and no vigorous eye rubbing for one month.

Nanny- so happy for you! This is going to change your life, congratulations!

Bingo!
      “Life changing” and procedure was a piece of cake IMO.
      Yes, the waiting in lines like playing musical chairs and running you through there like cattle is somewhat unpleasant. Especially for someone like me that has ZERO patience.
      That said....my only regret was not having it done YEARS AGO!

Good luck Steph. You got this. [emoji106]

Comment

Thanks guys.

Doc said the lifting restriction is because my job, at times, can be physically demanding. (Firefighter)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck kiddo!

Comment

Did the doc also say "No peach shine until next nanza"

Outstanding decision and results will be great

TD

Comment

Good luck! Hope all goes well! It will!

Comment

I had PRK back in 2012 and my eyes got messed up again. Had lasik done a few years ago and loved the improvement both times. Totally worth the pain lol

Comment

You’ll be seeing thru walls and reading people’s minds in no time! Hahaha. Hope all goes well!

Comment

I pray it turns out as well as some others i know! You are going to love this! Congrats.

Comment

Haha y’all are funny. This will change your life! Good luck and have fun! Let us know how it goes!

Comment

Originally posted by TD2000 View Post
                        Did the doc also say "No peach shine until next nanza"

Outstanding decision and results will be great

TD

Doc never asked about my alcohol intake!!! And my liver isn’t a tattletale!!

Comment

In for results! I’ve thought about it multiple times in the past few years, but makes me super nervous even thinking about it. I do not like the eye docs even putting drops in my eyes, but I’d love to be done with glasses.

Comment

I’m sure it will be great. My brother had it done several years ago and highly recommends it.

One BIG bit of advice. Follow the post operative instructions including bending and lifting. I have never had lasik but have had 5 eye surgeries. In my case the wright limits were to keep pressure in the eye down. When you lift you can strain and eye pressure goes up. Not good on fresh surgery. Take the Valium and enjoy the extra relaxation. All will be good.

Comment

My wife is recovering from hers she had on Thursday. She has had only minor discomfort. She had the old school version as her particular impairment didn't allow for Lasik. Good luck.

Comment

Eye Surgery Tomorrow

Originally posted by Mann Eye-Ashley View Post
                                Y’all- this thread is killing me! I wonder why they told you lifting restrictions? If it’s regular custom lasik, we don’t actually go into the eye so there isn’t any chance of pressures spiking so you can lift stuff the next day. Shout out to my Patients on here by the way, love y’all and very grateful. People think it’s the eye you smell burning. It’s actually the gas from the laser, so it’s not your eye actually burning. The gas just stinks. The normal restrictions are: no swimming for 10 days, no shower for 24 hours, no sweat in your eyes for 3 days, no eye makeup for 4 days, and no vigorous eye rubbing for one month.

Nanny- so happy for you! This is going to change your life, congratulations!

I was gonna say - back to normal in a few hours after mine at Mann. I did take the pills for mainly recreational enjoyment.

Been a couple of years now and I’m still 20-15. At 45 years old I’m not needing reading glasses like everybody said I would. (But my beard is totally gray[emoji23])

Last edited by TexaRican; 03-29-2019, 09:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X