No announcement yet.

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep it coming Bill and thanks again for sharing your journey!
    Proud member since 1999

Gary's Outdoor Highlight of 2008:

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...highlight=GARY

Comment

I was looking at my post and realized our greenhouse is about the same size as sone people’s tiny houses. Crazy.

The landscaper/nursery is using 3/16” x 4” steel strips for the edging- the pieces are welded together and then welded to the rebar stakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's a serious flower bed edge sir!! But then again, you live in a serious climate too!!

Comment

Maybe 1/8”- I eyeballed it.

When he quoted the project he said ‘metal edging’. I was expecting the stuff you buy by the roll at Home Depot.

They kept tripping the gfci outlets yesterday, so brought a generator today.

Comment

I couldn’t sit around with a half dozen guys working hard. I finally built a stone surround for our well and hydrant from stone our of our excavation. I’m planning to use a lot of the larger/ colorful stones in our planter bed.

I’m not sure what type of rock this is. There’s bands of it throughout the Tobacco Roots mountains.

Comment

I had somebody compliment my stonework. I guess.

He said, “ I like it, it looks like an old Indian burial mound”.

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Went out yesterday for black (spring) bear. 5 miles from home, weather above 7k feet was cold- high 20s, wind and recent snow. June 15th!

No bears, but found elk, moose and mulies.

That little Honda Pioneer 500 is a workhorse.

Comment

Living your best life!

Comment

Yep, we love being home here in the Rockies. Went outside this morning and needed a light jacket.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all are killin' us!! Hard to "think snow" when it's a hunert' degrees outside with a wind that feels like a blow dryer!!
                      Great pic Bill!!

Comment

As hot as it's been here, I get a shiver looking at that pic.

Comment

Looking good Bill. 100 degrees here, envious of your temps.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                            Big sky Bill. You deserve it. Congratulations.
                            I like this moniker Bill "Big Sky Bill".. has a nice ring to it. Good to see you living the good life.
                            Last edited by Matt_C; 06-16-2022, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Back to the high 80s here today. The temperature variation is crazy.

Big Sky around here is the resort town in the Madison Range where billionaires build $20+ million 3d and 4th homes to visit a few times per year. But their property tax rate is the same as ours- so they’re effectively underwriting our county’s schools and medical centers.

Comment

Our sunsets are great, tonights was spectacular. These were from in front of our house. Six weeks until archery pronghorn opens.

Comment

Working...
                                X