Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Look forward to every update Bill... Just pure awesomeness!!
    Mild huh... 20's n 30's... Guess it's all in your perspective!!

Comment

Looks great Bill.

Comment

Cleaning up from breakfast and was blown away by the view out the kitchen window.

It’s ‘warmed up’ to 0F outside, warm inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Goodgosawallamoddy!! Now Bill, THAT is the "Million-dollar-view"!!

Sure hope you ain't plannin' on using that bundle of lumber that has all that white stuff coverin' it up!!

Comment

That’s the Trex for our wrap-around porch and deck outside the living room. Work is progressing on the framing around the corner.

Sub zero this week may stop work- but my shop needs osb on the walls and garage shelves across the rear.

Comment

I see you're still winning at life Bill! Very awesome sir.

Comment

Porch and deck framed, ready for Trex. I need to learn to play guitar and blast Van Halen down the hill!

Comment

Looks amazing. Your view is spectacular, but we have that white stuff in Texas now also. Haha.

Comment

I hate to say it but it’s been warmer in Montana than Texas this last week. We’re built for and prepared for cold weather. My heart goes out to everybody suffering with the cold.

Comment

You have a beautiful place and thanks again for taking us along your journey. It has been very cool to watch someone’s dream evolve in yalls home.

Comment

Bill, was wondering about the choice of Trex for the deck. Did you go with that for the rot resistance and no maintenance? I'm about to redo a deck and boat house and was thinking about going back with Trex or a similar product. I don't have any experience with it and was looking for some advice.

Comment

We’re dry up here, and more concerned with snow and cold weather. It was primarily for the low/ no maintenance. We looked at both Trex and Fiberon. Both have different grades at different price points.

I’m told the Trex will get hotter in the sun- but our summer highs rarely get out of the 80s.

Comment

Thanks for the info, Bill! Great build, your fireplace stone is on the must have list if we decide to build.

Comment

Thanks! The mason did what’s called dry stack. It’s held to the mesh by mortar but there’s none between.

He was funny about the use of a mix of large and small stones. He said “Remember, God made small stones as well”.

The prairie stone is quarried in the midwest. The mantle and hearth are sandstone quarried near Harlowton, Montana. I know there’s lots of limestone used in Texas since it’s quarried there.

Comment

Today’s project is to finalize design for a built in workbench/ desk under the window and organize the closet.

I reached out to the high school shop/ ag teacher and he said they’d plasma cut steel to mount on our gates.

Here’s the gates.

Here’s a design, the letters are metal removed. Probably leave it to rust. Hang 1/2 on each gate and when closed our initials. It means I need to get solar gate openers

Alternately we could use those letters and split the elk in 1/2 the same way.

Comment

Working...
                                X