X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's looking GREAT, Bill!

Comment

Thanks folks!

I’m working on my lively bride to leave the Feb-March cold behind us and do a road trip through the SW starting visiting a friend in Arizona then swinging east through the great state of Texas and winding up at Bonanza. Hopefully getting to meet folks from TBH and see the guys I’ve met before. I haven’t been at a TBH happy hour since the 2005-7 timeframe when I brought some Cali blacktail backstrap to Archery Country in Austin- too long ago!

Let’s just say the project is at the concept stage and requires more work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s really beautiful, Congratulations and keep posting those updates.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks great. That stove and hearth is going to be cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Dream come true place! Something that's like living in a Post card!!

It would be so great to meet you at Bownanza too!! Sure hope that happens!!

Comment

Here’s the stone for the hearth, the mantle and ‘sides’ where it steps-in is the same type but almost an inch thicker. We didn’t want the more typical greyish stone.

It’s called Montana frontier sandstone, quarried in the central part of the state. Hard to imagine most of this area was the bottom of an ocean before the rocky mountains uplifted the western part of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                Thanks folks!

I’m working on my lively bride to leave the Feb-March cold behind us and do a road trip through the SW starting visiting a friend in Arizona then swinging east through the great state of Texas and winding up at Bonanza. Hopefully getting to meet folks from TBH and see the guys I’ve met before. I haven’t been at a TBH happy hour since the 2005-7 timeframe when I brought some Cali blacktail backstrap to Archery Country in Austin- too long ago!

Let’s just say the project is at the concept stage and requires more work.

Abilene is right on I-20, on your way to 'Nanza from AZ.

We have some of the best steak houses you'll ever find anywhere. Stop in, and I'll buy y'all lunch or dinner.

There are a couple of new RV parks on the interstate. Or you could camp out south of town at the State Park (close to the best steak house on the planet - Perini's). There is a great 3D archery range about a mile down the road from the state park too.
                Last edited by Shane; 05-20-2020, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Insulation started today with spraying walls, ceilings and crawl space- then fiberglass. Many internal walls were fiberglass insulated and you can’t hear a conversation from the next room.

He also sprayed us 3 archery targets on wood bases.

Hope you have a come-a-long to pull your arrows!

I tried this same thing several years ago and shot it once, only once.

Comment

I’m going to try with 1 arrow and see how it goes. Thanks for heads-up.

Comment

With my recurve it penetrated 1/3-1/2 way and the arrows were easy to pull out. Maybe it’s the type of foam used in northern climates.

Lunch with the dogs.

Comment

Good luck Bill and well deserved
                        Last edited by juanlien; 05-21-2020, 01:33 PM.

Comment

With my recurve it penetrated 1/3-1/2 way and the arrows were easy to pull out. Maybe it’s the type of foam used in northern climates.

Good deal!

Comment

We were in the adjacent county land with an un/marked pioneer grave memorial yesterday and took a couple pictures.

Comment

Wow!! Bill that is a beautiful place what you got there!!

Comment

Soon to be no more Bill in San Jose....

Here’s some better pictures from the digital camera. I’ll miss the blue roof.

Burnadell- breakfast is served in the sun room on the left

This speed goat comes through the property- I learn in June if I draw a tag.

Comment

Working...
                                X