Why????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    It becomes REAL HARD, when they have the right to take your freedom away for a traffic violation.

Even harder when they arrest you on 4 different occasions, haul you to Lou Sterrats in downtown Dallas, and drop you in the tank, with crackheads all hopped up, ****** off brothers cussing you because you look at them wrong, etc..all for a warrant that DID NOT EXIST/NEVER EXISTED. It's very inconvenient, and I have better things to do with my life than sit in a tank until they decide there is no reason to hold me.

Then kick you out on the street at 3 am, with no car(impounded), no cell phone(left in the car).

Do you think I ever recieved a single apology? You think even a single cop cared? You think they waived my impoundment fees? You think they replaced my can of skoal?

In case you are wondering, the answer is NO.

I have 0 criminal history, no record whatsoever.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

When you start messing with someone freedom, over BS, well, you should expect anything that might come your way.

You are not God even though most think they are.

Why don’t you file a complaint? If you were wronged and the cops you’re talking about violated policy file a complaint. If they broke the law in your arrest, take them to court. As a deputy, it sounds like a cop should apologize for your wrongful arrest so.........I’m sorry if you were treated unfairly, arrested for a warrant that didn’t exist. I’m sorry no one apologized to you or replaced all that was lost. And I’m serious. No joke.

Now that that’s out of the way, don’t judge all of us and make statements like “most think they’re God” when I can tell you this is simply not true. Maybe you got the crap end of the stick and that sucks....I’ve been stopped by troopers multiple times and about half are polite and the other half aren’t. I don’t assume they’re all crappy based off of the actions of a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
      I completely agree that if you choose to drive without a seatbelt, you should be able to do so at my own peril. I'm a libertarian in that way and your actions are inconsequential to me. However, the law says otherwise and arguing a law you don't agree with on the side of the road with a couple of armed officers isn't helpful to getting the law changed.

Safety laws are due to insurance lobbyists & big business.

Comment

RJH1 is a cubicle cowboy.

Comment

After reading all of this I can honestly say....

Nothing like a police use of force thread to get the post counts up.

Comment

I worked through high school and college and didn’t live the stereotypical college life because I worked instead of partying and now I don’t make as much money or have the things that some people who did less. So just because I want to I’m going to go out and steal whatever I can’t afford because it is my right ...no im not because you know what, it’s the law and I have morals.

Nor do I speed and drive recklessly just to get somewhere I want to be faster. Guess why, because it’s the law and if we don’t have law, we have chaos.

Sure there are exceptions and those who have been affected should file complaints or whatever is necessary but when it comes down to just follow the rules and quit acting like a dang rebellious kid because you’re not getting your way. It could be so much worse

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
              Folks who don’t wear their seat belt need to read up on Charles Darwin...

It’s not hard. Make it a habit. Would you approve of your wife, kids, or mother not wearing theirs?

If someone isn’t wearing their seatbelt in the event of an accident, their head/body becomes a projectile that can injur or kill other passengers. Or cause other accidents when your body is ejected into moving traffic...

There are many, many dumber laws than seatbelt laws... And it’s not all about protecting the non-wearer.

Originally posted by Texas8point View Post
              Nothing will ever be solved on the side of the road. Yes sir, no sir.... take the ticket and then plead not guilty.....

Yep.

You want to feel all warm and fuzzy inside? Remember that kid in school who just had to ask three more stupid questions after the teacher had finished explaining that 2+2=4. He just couldn’t except that though, he had to ask how she knew that? Or if anyone really knew that was true… Or come up with some other smart *** answer.

That kid grew up and got his *** kicked or shot on the side of some road by a police officer, because he’s was to stupid to sign his name to a warning/ticket over a law he knew he broke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                After reading all of this I can honestly say....

Nothing like a police use of force thread to get the post counts up.

That’s a lot kinder way of putting it than what I came up with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RJH1 View Post
                  Lots of stupid there.

1 seatbelt laws are stupid
                  2 Fightin' with the popo in he street is stupid
                  3 pulling a gun when you were supposed to pull a taser is stupid
                  4 shooting a guy when you were supposed to tase him and firing in what looks to be directly in line with your partner is stupid

Hell, looks like they all deserved each other.
                  Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                  RJH1 is a cubicle cowboy.
                  Really how so? He may be but I can't see it on this post. Post makes sense to me. What part doesn't to you?

You are the one callin' folks names.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
                    Really how so? He may be but I can't see it on this post. Post makes sense to me. What part doesn't to you?

You are the one callin' folks names.

I guess he don't like that i don't love the popo and think that they are infallible. Or maybe he thinks i am awesome, i have never heard the term cubicle cowboy before, maybe it's complementary haha.

I don't sweat it none, lots of folks call names on the internet

Comment

Originally posted by Outback View Post
                      I completely agree that if you choose to drive without a seatbelt, you should be able to do so at my own peril. I'm a libertarian in that way and your actions are inconsequential to me. However, the law says otherwise and arguing a law you don't agree with on the side of the road with a couple of armed officers isn't helpful to getting the law changed.
                      For sure.

It’s funny just how arbitrary most laws are. And how the Golden Rule is pretty much the only one we need.

Well, I’m gonna go drive around without a seatbelt now.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
                        I worked through high school and college and didn’t live the stereotypical college life because I worked instead of partying and now I don’t make as much money or have the things that some people who did less. So just because I want to I’m going to go out and steal whatever I can’t afford because it is my right ...no im not because you know what, it’s the law and I have morals.

Nor do I speed and drive recklessly just to get somewhere I want to be faster. Guess why, because it’s the law and if we don’t have law, we have chaos.

Sure there are exceptions and those who have been affected should file complaints or whatever is necessary but when it comes down to just follow the rules and quit acting like a dang rebellious kid because you’re not getting your way. It could be so much worse
                        If stealing was not against the law, would you do it?

Comment

Man I can totally relate to her. One time I was in a construction meeting and I went to grab my pencil out of my pocket to sketch a detail on the permit drawings...and I accidentally grabbed a pen and did it. Could not erase it.

Comment

Eff the police. Nothing but a bunch of jack boot nazis, out being road pirates to collect more taxes.

Comment

That cop had a lot more patience for that POS then he deserved. Shooting was an accident but totally avoidable with simple cooperation from that POS.

I'm more concerned with some of the reply's on here than anything. The Green Screen has some good people on it for sure but anyone that can condone the actions of that dude really makes me wonder *** is wrong with you.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                                If stealing was not against the law, would you do it?
                                You got me, I’ve taken a few grapes from H-E-B but no, that’s why I said I’ve got morals. But that’s not the point of this thread, if a cop pulls you over and asks for your information, just do it.

I have yet to see a shooting where a cop comes up and shoots a random innocent person, they have all resisted to some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X