No announcement yet.

Deer Park Shelter In Place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When the fire was burning the benzene was burning off.
    The phone that was on top of the water was acting like a cap , it was keeping most of the vapors contained. But now the phone is breaking down is releasing the vapors and that's why they're starting to get benzene readings.
    But here's a news flash every time you fill up your vehicle with gas you're breathing a little benzene.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

gas

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Any of yall ever pump your own gas?
      Nope, only full service here!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
        Any of yall ever pump your own gas?
        I fill up with benzene free gas. It cost a little extra but it's worth it. Oh and this is of course at a full service station

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
          The phone that was on top of the water was acting like a cap , it was keeping most of the vapors contained. But now the phone is breaking down is releasing the vapors and that's why they're starting to get benzene readings.
          But here's a news flash every time you fill up your vehicle with gas you're breathing a little benzene.

Mobile or home phone?

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            Mobile or home phone?
            LoL [emoji1787]

Comment

That's why I am taking a long weekend at the lease. This will continue with the clean up. Who gets a whiff will depend upon the wind. During the burn it was windy. Very still right now.

Heck I woke up and looked at my lady and said" funny I feel like I am hung over" only had 2 beers with dinner. We had the ac on all night and not far from the site.

Comment

Well heck... since we are breathing a little benzene each time we fill up our vehicles, why should we be concerned with being blanked with the stuff for a couple of days?

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                  Well heck... since we are breathing a little benzene each time we fill up our vehicles, why should we be concerned with being blanked with the stuff for a couple of days?
                  Have you been blanketed in it? Better buy you an ultrarae, some benzene tubes, and cal gas. Bet these bad boys are flying off the shelves.

The UltraRAE 3000+ PGM-7360 can be used as a quick spot-check monitor for benzene, and now also has a dual detection mode for total benzene exposure assessment,

Comment

Originally posted by Rigging Cooks View Post
                    Who do you trust to let us know the truth about whats really going on out there?
                    You never will know..
                    By the time the "under the table BIG money" stops switching hands they will have most of the general public believing that it was KOOL aid that was burning in those tanks..
                    When that smooth talker from the Railroad Commssion was saying that the smoke "is no worse than the smoke from the wood you burn in your back yard", I knew at that point that the cover up had begun... That gave ATM a black eye. He was obviously ALUMNI.. He dressed the part anyway..
                    Anyone who has ever worked around these chemicals, like myself, knew he was lying through his teeth..
                    Last edited by PondPopper; 03-21-2019, 12:33 PM.

Comment

I've got some 1/2 mask with organic vapor cartridges for sale. $50 each. Better hurry!

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                        Have you been blanketed in it? Better buy you an ultrarae, some benzene tubes, and cal gas. Bet these bad boys are flying off the shelves.

https://pksafety.com/rae-systems-ultrarae-3000/
                        No man, I am just amused by how many people naively wanted to believe what they were told about the smoke. Like if we all just pretend that giant cloud of smoke didn’t cover the city for 2.5 days it will all be good.

Don’t get me wrong, we produce/refine chemicals here. These incidents are part of the deal. Most of it stays in that corridor and if you chose to work in it, that’s your business.

Comment

Originally posted by Anvilheadtexas View Post
                          It was benzene not like it was H2S.
                          My grandpa and rest of the old-timers used to wash their hands and their tools off use it like a degreaser. And yes some of them develop skin cancer and maybe even lung cancer but that was after almost taking a bath in it for 20 to 30 years.
                          If they're telling you it's benzene what you ought to be worried about is what they're not telling you was in it.

Comment

Attorneys licking their chops on this one.

Comment

Google MSDS + name of the product

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post

https://pksafety.com/rae-systems-ultrarae-3000/
                                I almost forgot about draeger tubes. Using those seems like a lifetime ago. Thanks for bringing back fond memories of my emergency response days.

Comment

Working...
                                X