Good BFE steakhouses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
    Adobe Deli in Deming, NM. Has some great French Onion soup to go with their steaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Interesting place. BFE for sure. The French onion soup is very good. Trent Country Club and Perini Ranch are two I frequent and enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by mjhaverkamp View Post
      RV park between Crowell and Paducah, can't remember name, they make a pretty good steak out in the middle of nowhere.
      That place closed several years ago.

Comment

Fly by night, outside of Cleburne.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Any of the 5D's Steakhouse and Lounge are pretty good, in my opinion.

Comment

A bunch of great recommendations in here. Guess I’ll need to keep my eyes open for some of these when I’m traveling now. Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by aggieman08 View Post
              el capitan in van horn
              la espuela in dickens
              yessir!

Comment

Did not know what BFE meant, had to do a search on that one. I would like to go to Winchester and eat at Murphy's.

Hays City Store is good groceries, but the traffic for me to get up that way is killer. That IH35 is like a parking lot anymore.
                Rumor has it that the legendary BoB from TBH hangs out there, so it must be good

Comment

Originally posted by TWarren View Post
                  That place closed several years ago.
                  Dangit, did not know that, I thought I ate there two years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
                    Did not know what BFE meant, had to do a search on that one. I would like to go to Winchester and eat at Murphy's.

Hays City Store is good groceries, but the traffic for me to get up that way is killer. That IH35 is like a parking lot anymore.
                    Rumor has it that the legendary BoB from TBH hangs out there, so it must be good
                    Murphy's is pretty solid but the steaks have gone down hill a bit in my opinion. You still get a monster steak (their 10 oz. is like 16 oz.) and they do a good job of cooking them to your liking but they've gotten tougher and tougher seemingly. Not sure if they changed where they get them or what. However, the fish, burgers and pretty much everything else is good to go.

Comment

I guess you could say south of Cleveland (TX) is BFE for folks not from here so I'll add that on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights the Ribeye special at Ranchhand Cafe is about as good a big ribeye as you'll find anywhere. It's a regular stop for me n my bride...

Even further out in BFE is "Simply Country" in beautiful downtown Moss Hill. they have a pretty good ribeye and shrimp combo on Friday and Saturday nights too. Plus this place is Heaven for homemade pies...

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                        any buddy been to four winds in wills point?
                        Yes! It was excellent.
                        Also, add in Five D Cattle Company in Avinger, TX.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                          Canyon Road really is in BFE . But great steaks with a full bar and live music on Saturday nights . Worth going if your in the area no doubt .
                          Another vote for the canyon. We eat there some as it at the end of the road from the ranch we hunt. Most the time we go in the mule. Ken the owner is a colorful fellow to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                            any buddy been to four winds in wills point?
                            Four Winds is killer good. Watched a sounder of hogs rooting around just outside the window late one evening while eating dinner there.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                              Just saw the post about rattlesnakes in Albany, and that got me to craving a good steak. Albany is home to the Beehive, and they serve up a pretty dang good ribeye and prime rib IMO. So what are some other good little out of the way steakhouses that y’all like, and where are they located?
                              I don't know any out of the way Steak Houses however I do have a recommendation. If you have any respect at all for your taste buds or your jaws and teeth you will never eat at The Big Texan. Good Lord almighty that place is by far the worst steak house on planet earth and a royal embarrassment to the great state of TEXAS. If you want a complete azz whippin then by all means go there.

Comment

Double XXL Ranch and Steakhouse in Stinnett, TX.

Comment

Working...
                                X