Cobb’s a cowboy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
    Ever heard of Omari Cooper? I think he is pretty good. Fast, talented and not a diva...best qualities a receiver can have. Past that top end "elite" receivers are a waste of money, especially if you don't have a great QB. Great QB can make receivers better, don't know that I have seen too many cases where elite wide receivers make mediocre QB great. How many elite wide receivers have won a super bowl in the last 10-20yrs?
    Ever heard of Dak Prescott??... amari is a bad dude no doubt but do you actually think they are gonna move the ball effectivly with just him? I like Dak my self but he’s proven he needs receivers that can get separation if you wanna hang your hat on him alone go ahead but I’ll pass. how many mediocre QB’s have won it all? Dak is gonna need help and more than just Amari and Jason witten is all I’m saying. The offense was a definite upgrade with him
    On the field last year but still not enough to compete for a ring. Am I wrong??
    Last edited by Jcjohnson; 03-20-2019, 10:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
      Ever heard of Dak Prescott??... amari is a bad dude no doubt but do you actually think they are gonna move the ball effectivly with just him? I like Dak my self but he’s proven he needs receivers that can get separation if you wanna hang your hat on him alone go ahead but I’ll pass. how many mediocre QB’s have won it all? Dak is gonna need help and more than just Amari and Jason witten is all I’m saying. The offense was a definite upgrade with him
      On the field last year but still not enough to compete for a ring. Am I wrong??
      No doubt but what you said is basically what said as far as dak is concerned, Randy Moss is probably the only receiver that could make dak better, maybe rice.(maybe a little extreme)
      My main question was the "elite receiver" argument. Name me the top tier elite receivers that have won a super bowl in the last 10 yrs. This may take a while...

BUT I think we are on the same page as far as cowboys are concerned. I think Dak is being utilized wrong just like I think Dez was used wrong. Dez, Amari, Cole and even Terrance were all good run after the catch guys. I can't figure out with Dak's deficiencies why they don't go to more of a college style 2 step drop and fire type offense. Hit them on short 5-10yrd slants and let them go to work. Would also cut down on all the sacks dak took last yr.
      Last edited by KactusKiller; 03-20-2019, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Trade one piece of glass for another one. He is a more talented and athletic though
        And younger, and cheaper.

Actually a pretty savvy move.

Comment

Originally posted by KactusKiller View Post
          No doubt but what you said is basically what said as far as dak is concerned, Randy Moss is probably the only receiver that could make dak better, maybe rice.(maybe a little extreme)
          My main question was the "elite receiver" argument. Name me the top tier elite receivers that have won a super bowl in the last 10 yrs. This may take a while...

BUT I think we are on the same page as far as cowboys are concerned. I think Dak is being utilized wrong just like I think Dez was used wrong. Dez, Amari, Cole and even Terrance were all good run after the catch guys. I can't figure out with Dak's deficiencies why they don't go to more of a college style 2 step drop and fire type offense. Hit them on short 5-10yrd slants and let them go to work. Would also cut down on all the sacks dak took last yr.
          Definitely more elite wide outs that won a ring than mediocre QBs But this is all speculation at this point. Maybe hurns come back strong and Cobb plays well, and we see growth from Dak. we will see, only Time will tell. But I’d like to see more top level weapons around him personally. In today’s NFL you have to stretch the field
          Last edited by Jcjohnson; 03-20-2019, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            And younger, and cheaper.

Actually a pretty savvy move.
            And if Cobb has a great season in 2019 and leaves after the one year deal, the Cowboys get a compensatory pick...

Comment

Originally posted by Jcjohnson View Post
              Definitely more elite wide outs that won a ring than mediocre QBs But this is all speculation at this point. Maybe hurns come back strong and Cobb plays well, and we see growth from Dak. we will see, only Time will tell. But I’d like to see more top level weapons around him personally. In today’s NFL you have to stretch the field
              I think I remember the Patriots keeping the Rams to 3 points. They have one of those vaunted "stretch the field" type offenses.

Systems win super bowls. Not individual players. Still don't understand why people can't figure that out.
              Last edited by rfroese; 03-20-2019, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rfroese View Post
                I think I remember the Patriots keeping the Rams to 3 points. They have one of those vaunted "stretch the field" type offenses.

Systems win super bowls. Not individual players. Still don't understand why people can't figure that out.
                Let’s not forget who was actually in the NFC and AFC champions ship games to have a shot tat the ring. Systems are definitely more important than an individual player that’s all I got I’m out on this one.
                Last edited by Jcjohnson; 03-20-2019, 02:19 PM.

Comment

If nothing else, he is a much more versatile WR. He can play inside and outside, Beasley THOUGHT he could, but couldn't

Comment

Working...
                  X