Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

ITC fire. Deer park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dont see how it got to be 8 or more tanks burning.

Seems like once you have the upper hand and are cooling all the surrounding tanks it's just a matter of time to let the original one burn out or get the foam on it.

The only time I remember foam wasnt available and was needed was during Allison. National foam was flooded in, in Houston. Many many tanks burned from here on into Louisiana. The Orion tank fire being the largest, and setting a world record for foaming out a tank fire.

We learned a whole lot from that storm and did good during Harvey on tanks

Comment

My view in Deer park this morning. Right down the road.
      Attached Files

Comment

We could see the smoke from I-45 all the way in Spring yesterday headed to NRG Stadium. That is one big, ugly fire.

Comment

Man can see the smoke this morning all the way from the burn crossing the sky into katy from my office. Pretty crazy.

Comment

I have seen my fair share of smoke columns, this one may take the prize. Check out Skyeye 13’s coverage. Pretty intense smoke. I live right outside of downtown and I wouldn’t say downtown is covered in smoke but there certainly is smoke in the air .

Comment

Safety better get their books ready. Osha and every other compliance entity will be going through them with a fine tooth comb. Wonder how long it has been since they tested and pm’d the foam and firewater systems on their tanks?

ITC does not make anything. They are a storage facility for facilities that do. That means they get to replace millions of dollars worth of someone elses product that just went up in flames.

Comment

Wow

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  Safety better get their books ready. Osha and every other compliance entity will be going through them with a fine tooth comb. Wonder how long it has been since they tested and pm’d the foam and firewater systems on their tanks?

ITC does not make anything. They are a storage facility for facilities that do. That means they get to replace millions of dollars worth of someone elses product that just went up in flames.

Do you think if any of that worked it would of stopped it ?? Pretty flammable stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by berto View Post
                    Do you think if any of that worked it would of stopped it ?? Pretty flammable stuff.
                    Yes.
                    There had to be a break down of the foam system for it to get this far out of hand.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Comment

I use to load there and it's not that good of a place. Pretty run down looking

Comment

I know one thing I'm starting to cough and my eyes are irritated.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                          I know one thing I'm starting to cough and my eyes are irritated.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                          That's just cause you're full of **** LoL [emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                            Yes.
                            There had to be a break down of the foam system for it to get this far out of hand.

Yup, I've been in Fire Protection my whole life. An operable foam system would have shut that fire down on the first tank before it got out of hand. Somebody was taking shortcuts and not servicing their foam system... wonder when the last time it was inspected...

Comment

It just keeps burning... I may have to evacuate to Polk County and work on deer stands and what not.....

Comment

From downtown. Smoke definitely drifting this way overhead

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X