ITC fire. Deer park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pineywoodkiller View Post
    It’s fine. I’ve been 20 yds from the worst of it for 16 hours without a break. No issues breathing or any other redicuclous symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We hope so. Take a moment to read about the Redwood Chemical Fire, I am sure a lot of those HFD guys said the same thing after they thought that fire.
    Last edited by Anvilheadtexas; 03-19-2019, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
      My money would be on a pump seal failure.
      I drive by this everyday to work on tidal road and have never seen a pump in the firewall, but never looked real hard. The original fire was coming out the vents in the roof of the tank. My bet is the seal failed on the internal floating ceiling and allowed vapors to escape but I'm not sure what the ignition source would be, but these are right next to tidal road.

Comment

ITC fire. Deer park

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
        I drive by this everyday to work on tidal road and have never seen a pump in the firewall, but never looked real hard. The original fire was coming out the vents in the roof of the tank. My bet is the seal failed on the internal floating ceiling and allowed vapors to escape but I'm not sure what the ignition source would be, but these are right next to tidal road.

No telling. We had a fire a few years ago due to a pump seal failure. Plant I work in now doesn’t really have flammables so don’t worry about it too much now. Lol

Comment

My money would be on a pump seal failure.
          The unsubstantiated rumor going around is that a pump was ran dry for like 12 hrs causing it.

I have seen stranger things happen. Like a temp pump being hooked up backwards, then failing, resulting in a fire impinging on a large lpg vessel, which in turn BLEVE'd.

I'll definitely be interested in the outcome of the investigation.

I'm curious when the CIMA call went out. Was it after the initial tank started lighting off the surrounding tanks?

Comment

No telling. We had a fire a few years ago due to a pump seal failure. Plant I work in now doesn’t really have flammables so don’t worry about it too much now. Lol
            I work on rotating equipment for a living and have seen several catch fire but with the first video I seen I don't think that's the case. I'm sure there will be a major RCI done with outside sources leading it.

Comment

Living or working anywhere near the ship channel is just asking for cancer. I’m glad I’m not spinning my wheels at that scene.

Comment

Pretty Intense
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
                  Pretty Intense
                  Skeeter control for whichever way the wind is blowing

Comment

Originally posted by WildThings View Post
                    Pretty Intense
                    So, water can and cancel all other responding units?

Comment

Last edited by tps7742; 03-19-2019, 08:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                        Just wait until they find out y’all are posting pics from the scene. That should be interesting?
                        Don't be a cheese eater!

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                          Just wait until they find out y’all are posting pics from the scene. That should be interesting?
                          Im willing to bet the firefighters could use a break and have no problem walking off of this circus.

Comment

[quote=Pineywoodkiller;14055976]It’s fine. I’ve been 20 yds from the worst of it for 16 hours without a break. No issues breathing or any other redicuclous symptoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quo

Never mind
                            Last edited by tps7742; 03-19-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                              Im willing to bet the firefighters could use a break and have no problem walking off of this circus.
                              I bet you are correct those are thankless jobs they are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                                Don't be a cheese eater!
                                I have just seen people terminated for allot less. I could care less.

Comment

Working...
                                X